Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was thinking I had this idea maybe we can get colored leds right? And put them in the center of the cup holder and cut a little whole in the rubber part of the cup holder so the light shines through. It might look kind cool say like when you get a bottle of water or something and stick it in there cause the whole bottle would light up. I dont know maybe its a dumb idea, what do you think? I dont really know anything about led's but maybe you could power it off of the the wires going to the cigarette/power outlet thing on the side of the center console?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Cool?? ...Yes...Actually...And this is coming from a guy who doesnt much care for most of these type of things...But I like LEDs...And being different...The problem I foresee is that one LED may not (notice I said 'may') be bright enough...It may take several...It would still look cool, though...
If you have questions on hooking up LEDs in a car, or about LEDs in general, or whatnot...PM me and Ill try to get back to you as soon as possible...I can even get you a place that you can get cheap LEDs if you need a lot for something...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Actually, considering the manuvering that it takes to get a large Dunkin Donuts Coffee into the cupholder, I'd want the light on all the time.
My .02

Good idea though
, if you do this, take pics and post a how to, I'll be copying you for sure.
~Paris

·
Registered
321 Posts
I did that on my car this summer. Last year I got a bunch of LEDs from eBay so I decided to put them in the vents and in the cup holder. I'll try to get my girlfriend camera and I'll take pics tonight.

Marc.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I did that on my car this summer. Last year I got a bunch of LEDs from eBay so I decided to put them in the vents and in the cup holder. I'll try to get my girlfriend camera and I'll take pics tonight.

Marc.
Pics?

·
Registered
468 Posts
The new SCION XB has cupholder lights that are pretty cool. They have a pic on there site.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'll tell you what I have wanted for 4 months now, my friend bought a beautiful arctic blue TSX with full navi and toys. On the map lights thing overhead, there is a small blue LED that shines down on the center console/e-brake area. It looks sooooo good when we are driving down some dark roads, yet the angle errr mounting of the LED is not visible to the occupants unless you stick your head under and look. I sooo would pay money for that!

About the cupholder LED, would condensation not kill the led or wiring?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
About the cupholder LED, would condensation not kill the led or wiring?
The LED should be fine, as well as the wiring (provided it is done right.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts