Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stripped as in options, not as in interior. I'm just curious if anyone has weighed one personally.

I'm tinkering around with the idea of getting a stripped 2004 model, but I'm still working on weight vs comfort.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Mine, with the 01 premium package but no spare or jack (probably a wash in terms of weight) was 2540 with 3/4 tank of gas.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by Egz:
If so, doesn't seem like much of a weight difference from the premium package...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's kind of what I was thinking....

This doesn't however factor in a possible difference between the two scales... Which is a possible explanation. The other explanation is that the premium package simply doesn't add much weight.

What does the 01 Premium add to the car? Power locks and windows? I assume both cars have A/C, so it is possible that the electric motors and solenoids are around a pound each or less... and anything else like cruise and tilt steering probably only adds 5-10lbs at the most.

Hmm... Maybe I should have gotten a premium package...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Also, most cars are wired for all of the electric stuff from the factory. It is a lot cheaper to do one wire harness and not plug it in vs. having to create and mfg. 2 or 3 different versions.
Has anyone done a battery relocate yet? I would imagine a 2.3L with the battery in the back could make up a great handling car. Hell, you just dropped about 100 lbs from the front suspension!!!
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The only option on my car is power locks and A/C. It weighs 2550 with the fuel cell full (~8 gal).

I have no rear interior but I have turbo/piping/intercooler/42lb wheel/tires to even it out.

Anyhow to answer your question low optioned car should probably tip the scales at around 2550-2600 with fluids and spare/jack.

A stripped out Focus race car should be down into the 2300s (thats my goal
) maybe even 2200s.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, relocating the battery sounds tempting, but I like my hatch area as well. I'll still think about it.

I ask, because I'm 99% sure I'm going to trade in for a 2.3, and figured I can order it to my liking to help out in autox. My current car was off the lot, so I have a almost full package. I know the sunroof isn't helping me any.

Interior must stay, since I still want to play in STS. But if its only like a 50 pound difference, then I guess I could ante up a little for the power windows and/or locks, or get the base model and not even think of removing the AC.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I heard that curb weight is around 2550 stripped focus, meaning no options. I have a 2000 that is like that. No options AT ALL and ATX tranny.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Egz:
If so, doesn't seem like much of a weight difference from the premium package...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's kind of what I was thinking....

This doesn't however factor in a possible difference between the two scales... Which is a possible explanation. The other explanation is that the premium package simply doesn't add much weight.

What does the 01 Premium add to the car? Power locks and windows? I assume both cars have a/C, so it is possible that the electric motors and solenoids are around a pound each or less... and anything else like cruise and tilt steering probably only adds 5-10lbs at the most.

Hmm... Maybe I should have gotten a premium package...
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">IIRC....for my '01..There was a Power Package and Premium Package......Premium was simply cruise, 16" rims, armrest...maybe free bad coffee at the dealership.....

still curious if anyone else has my Premium package, no power, no sunroof, and Advance-Trac 4wdisc combo..........

I'm pretty sure that FocusSport's "blue" car has dipped into the high 2100s or so......

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
My 2000 ZX3 tipped the scales at 2525, with 5/8 tank of gas, floormats removed, and spare tire/jack removed. The only option is A/C. Stock 15" wheels shod with heavy A032Rs.

I now have lighter wagon wheels shod with lightweight hoosiers... I figure with 1/4 tank it probably sits around 2500 even.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm also curious about this, I still have to get mine weighed. The entire rear half of the vehicle is stripped(misc bolts and parts not needed removed).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts