Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the current selling price is for a used 2002 SVT? Just curious as to how much depreciation I have absorbed since buying my 2002 new last summer.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
First year always takes the biggest hit in depreciation then starts to level off as the years go on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Kelley Blue Book is a LITTLE misleading. My 2002 Private Party value is only $12,760 if I sell it but $15,220 if a dealer sells it ??!! What's with that since I know the dealer would not sell it for 12,760! Truth is somewhere in between and I imagine price depends on rebates and miles on car.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Kelly Blue Book also takes your location into account (online anyway).
My dealer quote was $2k less than the private party quote ($10k+ vs. $12k+).
It's all theoretical anyway. The deal you make will be dependant on the the person writing the check.

I go to Kelly Blue Book online periodically (once a quarter or so) and use that info to update my Quicken finances with the latest value. It helps to have an asset to balance against the loan amount in Quicken. I prefer to have a realistic, independant figure rather than my inflated opinion of what my car is worth.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
There is NO WAY that the dealer sale price listed above is accurate... Well, not here in San Diego, CA. anyway...
Pearson Ford has three NEW 03 SVT's for sale. Two of them are the Euro appearance package. The two are being sold for $16,500 and the non Euro is being sold for $15,200.
Dealers here in CA. cannot get rid of the SVT Focus, thats probably why when I tryed to trade mine in, I was offered $8000 for it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Euro for $16,500?? That might be worth a $99 plane flight. Great deal. At that price "the hit" in the 1st year isn't so rediculous. Only $8,000 in trade?? You know they'll ask 12 but they apparently don't want to be bothered with a slow seller in San Diego. Better to keep it and get the miles out of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts