Ford Focus Forum banner

custom chip and 70mm maf

513 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nordy200 
#1 ·
If I order a 70mm MAF and 24# injectors, do I NEED to get my chip reburned?

#2 ·
This is actually a more complicated question than it first appears. If you already have a chip and plan to use it with your new MAF and injectors, there are several different approaches to use.

You can keep the same program in your chip and order your new MAF calibrated for STOCK injectors and use the #24 injectors. The ECU will adjust the fuel tables for the larger injectors over a few running cycles. The downside to this is that you will probably be running rich at WOT.

You could order the MAF and have it calibrated for STOCK injectors use the #24 injectors and have the chip re-burned to incorporate the new injectors. The downside to this is if you have changed intake, exhaust, and cams you will probably top out the MAF curve.

You could order the new MAF and have it calibrated for #24 injectors and use it with the existing chip. The downside to this is that the new calibration on the MAF will tend to increase your timing. The chip also increases timing. You may end up with too much timing, hurting performance and not even knowing it.

You could order the new MAF calibrated for the #24 injectors and have the chip re-burned with those mods reflected in the burn. Expensive, but probably yealds the best performance.

I don't know what other mods you have or are planning to add with these. If these are the only mods that you are planning to add it's probably not going to help performance much for the cost. If you are planning to do intake, exhaust, cams, MAF, and injectors then have the chip re-burned with the whole list of mods added.

#4 ·
I don't know what other mods you have or are planning to add with these. If these are the only mods that you are planning to add it's probably not going to help performance much for the cost. If you are planning to do intake, exhaust, cams, MAF, and injectors then have the chip re-burned with the whole list of mods added.

Current mods:

FC race header, flex, FS exhaust, FC throttlebody, AEM shortram, Screamin Demon coil and Livewires, Crower stage 1 cams + gears, AFX UDP, removed EGR, chip burned for above plus no cat and EGR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.