Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well. im going to the shop in a couple weeks to get a custom exhaust put on my car. what muffler should i go with? i want a nice low tone, but nothing that will shatter cops windshields when i go by.

oh, and i used the search feature but didnt find anything usefull.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

How is a 3in exhaust for a non-FI Foci a good idea?

Just messing with ya James.

- Drew

·
Registered
431 Posts
Uhhh, I'm pretty sure that you can get that yodude catback and flex for much less than that straight from yodude.......could be wrong though.

·
Registered
293 Posts
im thinking about getting a flowmaster 40 or 30 series. 0 in and 00 out. i already have it dueled where i took the briefcase off so im just going to have them butt it all together.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
OH MY LORD 530?!?!?!?! *passes out*

pick up the 215 deal from yo-dude

its $485+$30 shipped for the 3" stainless...whats the point of ripping ppl off. and then the
"This is by far the best HP gain you can get on a Focus" comment doesn't help either...ur saying a 3" cat-back posts the best dyno numbers
might as well ad a 3" flex and kamakazi header with custom 3" collector for a gain of 927fwhp and -786ft/lb...i'm usually not the person to do this...but c'mon
. but selling a kit for what u got it for...ah maybe its just me

[ 12-04-2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: KicknZX3 ]

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL. well this has been an entertaining post so far. but my main question was what muffler to get. not exhaust setup. im going to have a muffler shop build me my exhaust. i just need to know what muffler for them to put in for me.

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
I got a Borla cat back from yo dude, but my friend Justin [FJ] BoostMeZX3, he has the Flowmaster Delta Series, and that sounds really good. A deep tone, no riceyness to it. He jus went to Autozone, bought the muffler itself, and then he had a muffler shop install it. His cost was about $170 total. I was actually considering the same setup, but I decided to go with a stainless cat back.

[ 12-05-2002, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: EggYolk_Zetec_ZX3 ]

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Guys, from the Yodude Website:

3 inch Aluminized Cat-Back is 370$ plus 30$ for shipping, and the 3 inch aluminized FLEX PIPE is 160$ and 20$ shipping.

Because as you can see, the system he is selling includes a Flexpipe, it's right there in the box!

So that means a Total of 530$ plus shipping.....So not a rip off!

Sometimes, people should go back and pass a couple math classes and then make some posts.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thank you Jay for clearing that up.

Also, I threw up $530 as the Buy Now, and I tend to offer free shipping with Buy Nows.

But I set the bid low, so I'm still losing money, and it's brand new.

3" is the only way to go, even for NA.

Truenemy00 proved that. He ran a 3" with the JRSC, and had no issues, or powerloss.

And Tom had nothing but gains with a 3" on an SVTF. But I said you get the gains, because anyone that buys a 3" exhaust is generally FI'd, so they know what they're buying, and for what reason, power.

Again, the exhaust is BRAND NEW from Josh at YoDude. I only opened the box to take pictures and inspect the awesome craftsman ship. Also, don't forget the Magnaflow tip is also another $60 I believe.

This is a COMPLETE 3", Polished/SS Magnaflow Muffler, Magnaflow Tip, 3" Flex-Pipe - Everything, including flanges, bolts, you name it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have 2 hayame xt4 mufflers on my car center mounted to go with my kaminari rear bumper. For those that have heard they can tell you it is a very deep throaty sound from the exhaust. The mufflers sell around $225 ea. if you have a custom cat back made expect another $150.

Basically I paid around $600 for my custom setup. But I personally recommend Hayame mufflers.

·
Registered
293 Posts
jz_focus, this is probly a stupid ? but is your car duel or single. the reason i ask is because i was going to put a single in duel out flowmaster on and was woundering if yours was duel how did you mount both mufflers and get them to fit?(?CENTER?) if its just single y 2 mufflers? if i could fit 2 mufflers under there that would be cool. i could have the true duel look w/both mufflers on. like i said, its probly a stupid ? but im just curious. thanx.
DANIEL

·
Registered
293 Posts
forgot to mention that i already have duel tips from a Y type deal and was wanting a more even flow throgh the 2 pipes. thanx again.
DANIEL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts