Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, all dynoes ive seen on NA setups like focussport and focuscentral, the dyno always takes a dip at around 6500rpm, down, sudden and quick, like 10whp

What is that? I was thinking it was the 5 volt cuttoff, i know russell at 150whp hits 4.7 volts i think, and the dynoes where it dips the cars make about 155-160whp

So could it be the fuel cuttoff or are the injectors just maxing out?

If its either one, its important to know, because if its just injectors, there are ways to make it richer, if its the mafs hitting 5 volts, then it MUST be replaced calibrated for a bit larger injetors so it wont hit the 5volt so soon

Any ideas? Randy? I know on airfocedfocus's ride it did this too

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
I'm not quite there yet but I was still making power at 146HP.. I wonder???? Good question Naz.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've been playing with Street Dyno and some of my graphs get the same drop.

If I do a run in first gear I drop 10hp from 5800 to 6200 and then it stays flat to 6700.

If I do a second gear run the curve stays nice and flat until 6700.

I am not quite positive on the numbers that I get but it appears 130hp/125lbf at the wheels is what I am gettign pretty consistently. The curve looks really good though.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
murph, look at airforcedfocus ride...his has a nice big dip at about 6500rpm, so does naders car, both make abit over 155whp

ERIC(pimp27) u moron
, you have 24lb injectors pumping plenty of fuel

Im talking about people without the extra fuel like you have

Im getting really worried about my a/f now
Im gonna be checking the 5volt cutoff when i get my obd2 scanner, if it doesnt hit 5volts, im lucky, and i can just have diablo richen my injectors up to max

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its all gude

I think im gonna do what you did but with 20lb injectors, i think that would be a perfect combo between stock and your 24lb , which may be a bit much...

That is, if my stock setup is maxed out and really lean...

Hey, did you have diablo do any rescaling due to the larger injectors and calibrated mafs, the whole timing advance that supposevly happens with having a new larger mafs calibration? Or what?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will, i just gotta figure out where my A/F is at and see what needs to be done

THe shop im gonna dyno at doesnt have A/F yet...but i get hooked up

I can go to a local dyno shop that has a/f but only make a few quick runs just for a/f because its expensive

Im not sure if i should tune the car first and then check a/f or check a/f and then tune the gears and so on...

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey, how much cool down time in between runs is necesary to make the tests accurate???

·
Registered
601 Posts
Actually you want to keep the same temp for the runs to be accurate. First, make 3 runs to get the car up to operating temp and then after that just allow a little time for cool down. You don't want to run one run at full operating temp and then the next at like 1/4 temp. You are going to get higher numbers if the temp is lower, but you want to run it at a constant one so the numbers can be compared.

I would check out the a/f first. Thats what I did. This way if you are running too lean you know that you have to get larger injectors first before you can start messing with the cam timing. This way you know your car is safe.

Eric

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
murph, Im talking about people without the extra fuel like you have
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I mentioned I've switched back to stock, but the curves and cut-off is similar, just slightly bigger overall....numbers almost exactly like Pimp's -- just shifted a hair to pretty flat after 6500 to a little "blip-dip" at the rev-limit....I still don't have the 6500 dip you are noting, though I do remember what you mean about Chris's.
I know we'll have some new program runs soon, after Randy deals with some P.C. problems.

[ 10-08-2002, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: ZXmurph ]

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I think airforce and I are flattening out after 6500, there is not a dip of 10hp or so. At or about the rev limit is where we get a quick, small dip.
This old dyno shows this (we are up in the 140s for torque, and right at or below 160whp now switching back to stock injectors) .

We'll have a few more posted soon without this rev limit, from there I think it is a process of elimination when it comes to figuring out if its fuel or something else.

[ 10-08-2002, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: ZXmurph ]

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think my injectors are maxed out. Look how when the A/F ratio in the top end start to lean out and my power starts to drop off at the same time. If i can get my A/F to richin up on the top end some more i think i can make some more power out of it.

[ 10-08-2002, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Russell ]

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
I'm patiently waiting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts