Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut the lunch box off the back and had a new tip welded on, tell me what you think

·
Kyle Gave Me His Oklahoma Foot Disease!
11,279 Posts
Looks great.

Notice any sound difference with the resonator gone?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Dual tip, yea I belive its what this body style needs (at least the hatches)

Personally I would have pulled the tip back some to make it flush with the bottom piece, and not stick out past it. But thats me...

As Nick said, sound difference?

·
Registered
139 Posts
It sound pretty good without the muffler! I like the way it exits the driverside as well. This may be taking place on my sedan!!!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I just got it put on there today and has only been driven 20 or so miles cant tell if milage has changed at all.

And I dont think there was any HP increase since it isnt a full cat back just an axle over with a tip :lol:

·
Kyle Gave Me His Oklahoma Foot Disease!
11,279 Posts
I don't think youre going to see any change in mileage or hp. Sound and looks my man, sound and looks.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The tip looks like it pointed downwards... Maybe a little big in the diameter, not sure though...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tips may be a little big, but am I compensating for something? :lol:

It was the best looking tip at the exhaust shop. But I did it really just for looks till fswerks drops their kit.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I am sure you know this but just for anyone who doesn't....

That was not a lunch box resonator, it was your main and only muffler.

Sounds nice.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of that's the case what's this :p

And then the res

It may have been the main muffler, but there where two on the new focus

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not to get picky with terms here. But this is my first Focus, and I have heard the term "lunch box delete" getting thrown around on here. Kinda curious myself. From what I've read, the "muffler" closest to the cat is the "lunch box". Am I wrong? Either way. Where's the cat?

Hence the.....shape. ;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the older focuses if you removed the rear muffler it was referred to as a lunch box since that is kinda of what it resembled

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok gotchya. :) As stated, I'm new to the Focus world, so I had no idea. Thanks RED!

And as I was quite curious myself, as I plan to do this mod, if I will being doing more harm than good by deleting the rear muffler. As focusownerskid mentioned that this is the only muffler, and RED you mentioned that we have two. So who's right? Well I headed over to fordparts.com and pulled up the exhaust. Here is the answer. And RED you are right! We have (2) TWO! :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well we are both right, the old models there was only one. But the 2012 is a new design so there isnt much info out yet so was a simple mistake . :lol:

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Looks good!

The older Foci had a rear resonator that was smallish, square and really just about the size of a lunchbox. The contents were not edible, however.

pic

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Personally I wouldnt hacked up a new car yet... Not my car...

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
In California I'm not sure if that would fly with the DMV. I do like the mod though. Seems simple and effective for sound and looks and i wouldn't be surprised if you picked up some power.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Tell me how cool that is driving down the highway for 3 hours. Can you hear yourself think? How about the back seat passengers, bet they love it?!

I think I'm getting old...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts