Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Focus SVT. The idle is a little rough. I've renewed everything on the fuel and ignition side, and all EVAP components. I tested my compression.
#1 120
#2 135
#3 130
#4 135
Do you think I have a serious problem.
The car has 118000 miles on it.

Thanks for any ideas.

Keith S

·
I
13,781 Posts
Nope - That looks fine, maybe a little low on #1. While I don't have numbers to bounce against, the rule of thumb is that numbers shouldn't vary between cylinders by more than 10% (some materials say even higher, 20-25%).

What plugs are you using? The SVT is very picky with plugs. I only run either Motorcraft SP463 or SP524, both gapped to 0.051". I prefer the 463 coppers, but they need to be replaced every 10k or so.

Have the timing belt and components ever been done? If not, I don't think that's your idle issue, but you are definitely due if its never been done before.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have an 04 Focus SVT. The idle is a little rough. I've renewed everything on the fuel and ignition side, and all EVAP components. I tested my compression.
#1 120
#2 135
#3 130
#4 135
Do you think I have a serious problem.
The car has 118000 miles on it.

Thanks for any ideas.

Keith S
Just spitballing here. Is the PCV clean and fresh and hose competent? Have you cleaned the MAF sensor as well? Any leaking vacuum tubing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts