Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Focus heads I had milled by a well known company. I was ready to install them this weekend.

However, looking at the bottom surface of the heads has me very, very nervouse so i did not install them.

The machining grooves in the head are extremely coarse. Is this normal??? The rest of the head surfaces are quite smooth. I swear the grooves are close to 60 thousandths deep.

Can this possibly be right?? I'm thinking of having the heads re-milled to smooth them out a bit. It is going against a metal head gasket after all.

What do you guys know?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Newer ford heads should be milled by someone with the newest most fine milling setup . I work for ford and it should not be coarse at all .

·
Registered
190 Posts
You know its NOT normal, unless you wanna oil bath! Gasket will take care of only so much, i
would say. Take it back and show the manager what they send you home with! Now you will need
to dust it down and get a spacer gasket.... Don't let them weld it eather, there is a chance it will warp over such a great area....

Good luck eather way,

Milan

P.S.

If you are getting your head only milled for compression you can go to any Machine shop
and have them dust it for you, it will be
better quality and be done in an hour.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If you are getting your head only milled for compression you can go to any Machine shop
and have them dust it for you, it will be
better quality and be done in an hour.[/QB]

What is dusting and how much does it cost? Can anyone mill our head? How much should I mill the head? Sorry to steal your thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts