Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Duratec is an awesome engine. Although the D23 and D20 group should all stick together, but wouldn't it be nice if there were 2 forums for the Dura-techies?

It would be nice to have 2 different sub-groups under the Duratec forum so it would be easier to differentiate the mod allowances for the engines.

Anyone second this? Or are there are lot of people going "
"

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
I don't think we will find the need. Too much of the content would be exactly the same and there are very few points of difference worth mentioning between the two engines. Some things will need to be clarified one way or the other - but the same could be said for PZEV and non-PZEV in some respects. I just don't see the justification for breaking it down into two separate forums.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11 Posts
Focus Fanatics has set up a 2.0 sub-group of their Duratec forum. It seems to be working out quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Oh yeah...working real nice on FF

No one hardly post in the D20 forum except for the newbies

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oh yeah...working real nice on FF

No one hardly post in the D20 forum except for the newbies
could be because the d20 is the newest focus engine

but I do tend to agree that we're doing fine with the duratec forum the way it is. If anything, it has made most people more knowledgeable about the differences between the variations that have been offered so far.

snobrdrdans_sedan: not to offend you, but I remember when the duratec forum opened here... it was mostly new folks and anyone who was curious about the engine that were posting

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Or we could simply continue to do what we've been doing, and that is placing the designation 2.0 or 2.3 in the thread title...

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
I'd say that because the D20 is a newer engine, most of the stuff going on for it's aftermarket IS what's going on for the D23. I think that eventually there may be enough d20 specific conversation to make it worth while to have a dedicated forum, but we aren't there yet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm starting to frequent this forum much more because everything is in one place. I like it the way it is.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
snobrdrdans_sedan: not to offend you, but I remember when the duratec forum opened here... it was mostly new folks and anyone who was curious about the engine that were posting
Right...and it still is like that though

I wasn't making fun of anyone...it's just that the same questions get posted over & over on FF
Even though there is a sticky at the top of the forum that says "read me first" & a link to the page of what fits the Duratec

It's just better with the one Duratec forum (at this point in time) though...so everything is in one place & since *most* parts fit both engines

1 - 11 of 11 Posts