Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Omni is running heat 4! that should be about the end of the day, huh?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
<Scratch Head>

Looking at ladies STS, to see what they run, I see this:

3 94 Wendi Allen 00 Honda S2000

How is an S2000 legal for STS? Isn't it a 2-seater?
I thought the exact same thing?

Could it be an error? It also says she is running Hoosiers. What Hoosier tire meets the STS minumum treadwear rating?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
looks like one of the computer nerds in topeka is partying a bit early!

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Shocking! No Focus (or SVTF) in STS. Somebody remind me to change classes (or probably better yet, cars) if I ever go back to autocrossing.
It could be worse I suppose... I could be trying to run CS in something OTHER than a '99+ Miata or MR2 Spyder (admidtedly there is one '88 MR2 S/C down near the bottom of the field).

·
Registered
880 Posts
The lady with the s2000 and the WRX, probably both registered with those cars for a different class and then switched classes and cars when they got to Topeka. Someone will probably update that later.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Lorin's in the 9th trophy spot. But he's easily within reach of 6th. Damn the Mini's!

Congrat's on the trophy spot though! Goooooo Lorin!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Edited for stupidity...

Wow, Lorin was hard on the cones today wasn't he? Two runs with two cones each.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
the last column is the fastest time, which will be added to the other course when they run that.

just over a second off! let's hope the north course is good to him tomorrow!

woohoo!!!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I spoke to him yesterday night and he said the North course looked like it was going to be a little more difficult for him.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
LOOKIE!

it's in the photo gallery already!
Coolio!!!!
Go Lorin!!!!!!!! He slapped one out of the park on his last run at the Tour here, so I'm betting he finishes stronger.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
/me climbs to roof of his office (the tallest building in the BEAUTIFUL SAN FERNANDO VALLEY!!!!) and yells...

LOR-IN!!! LOR-IN!!! LOR-IN!!! LOR-IN!!! LOR-IN!!!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Based on what I see, I'd be in the top 35 in STS, but that's currently about it.
Local Pro STS Doug Allen is currently in 13th, and he'd usually be about 1 to 1.5 seconds ahead of me locally.
He's DAMN Smooth, AND his *&^$%^' Civic is a Freakin' Feather w/ Go-Kart-like suspension.
I honestly think it's weight which is keeping the Focus out of STS National contention. We may, with the right driver, be able to contend for a Trophy, but I'm afraid we couldn't Win.
Even w/ equal Power-to-Weight, a lighter car is easier to alter the direction with. That's Acceleration, Deceleration, AND Cornering. Those Itty-Bitty Civics just have an Advantage in that dept when you're talking the tight situations that one sees in Auto-X.
A more open track would help equalize things a bit, but we're rather hindered on the tight stuff.
I Still have a ball in STS, and I look for Lorin to have a Good Day tomorrow in HS.
<Crosses fingers>

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lorin is the last trophy spot! Go man, go!
nice to be able to see the results
You're welcome (for the link, not the work behind it).

A lot of the guys from RMDiv are doing well. They were talking about RMDiv not representing STS though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts