Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mod needs to be done to help the throtle inital push, sometimes i have to push really hard to take off and other times its fine, please help. It like sticks when i want to take off, cleaned all the sout out of it, oiled the spring and mechanism, throtle cable, nothin. got the second gen, is the Mac t/b better at throtle control?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sounds like the old problem of the throttle plate touching the bore when closed. You should try adjusting the stop screw so the plate barely does NOT touch any part of the bore when closed. It should fix your problem.

·
Registered
662 Posts
focuzedfocus,
Take a look at the "review" section at the bottom of the page on this How-To Library article, http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/65mm.htm

As Generic Focus pointed out, it may be that the idle screw needs to be turned so that it just pushed the throttle "hammer" a tad to the open position. This should get rid of the "sticky pedal" feeling.

·
Registered
143 Posts
ya its just one of those things you will have to play with a little to get it right, trying to find the happy medium of no sticking, no mil, and idle is a pita. if you get a mil of p1506 its an idle overspeed error. ensure you dont have any leaks and make small adjustments to the screw.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
to sound vague and stupuid, some foci are just different from others, my focus has a hard tip in, but I've driven some that are really soft and you can ease the throttle on, no TBs on any of them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts