Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to go smog my new to me Black zx3 today and the old man I used to go to for smogs packed up and left apparently.

Cruised over to another smog place I remember going to at one time.

Saw this guy doing the visual,but never put in an exhaust probe or drove onto the rollers.

Passed-yay!!

I asked no questions. LOL

Looked it up later and realized that California changed quite sometime ago to 2000 and newer vehicles only get plugged in and a visual-no rollers or probe.....

Interesting.

I’m wondering if this works with a reflash-assuming you flash back to stock first.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Trouble is, if you've done enough mods to need a custom tune, your car probably won't run well, if at all, with the stock tune. :dunno:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trouble is, if you've done enough mods to need a custom tune, your car probably won't run well, if at all, with the stock tune. :dunno:
Well I was thinking about cold air intake, cat back, and a 91 octane tune only for the black car at this point.

Maybe within the next year.

I didn’t think that would be too crazy on the Stock tune.

I probably would do cams next after that.
That could be a problem.

On my blue car, if I ever get the damn thing running again-that’s going to be a different deal.
I have most of the parts for a 2.5 swap....Not sure if I’m still going to go that route and/or end up with cams or a different intake or what not.
I still have a NIB Cosworth header and flex sitting in my closet for the car.

I was going to do an EGR delete too...But that would certainly be a red flag on a smog...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya know what I mean?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts