Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I'm wondering how much the rear bar only kits help with body roll? This thing feels pretty nice in the corners except for the redonkulous leaning that it does. Do i need those big fat eibach bars, or is there an easy way out?!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
First off, don't let the roll throw you.
(No Pun Intended.) The Lean is REALLY not THAT Detrimental to the Handling. Look at Omni running in H-Stock Auto-X. Did you see his "Hill Climb Video"??
http://www.omnilith.net/videos/LarisonInCar2.mpg
Second, remember that swaybars are a "Fine Tuning", not a "Primary Adjustment".
If you do ALL of your "Roll Reduction" w/ Bars, you've just Eliminated the benefits of an Independent Suspension.
The alternative is to go w/ slightly stiffer Springs and Dampers, w/ only Milder bar/bars.
MY Recommendation would be the Apex kit w/ a Progress rear bar.
A bit stiffer springs, but not too much, slightly stiffer dampers, with an appropriate length for the springs, a NICE price for the kit, plus a bar in the Rear that will aid slightly w/ rotation and lean w/o overdoing it.
Tony D at New Edge Performance sells all of the above, and I Highly recommend his Service.
All together, this package will be a night and day difference for a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, don't let the roll throw you.
(No Pun Intended.) The Lean is REALLY not THAT Detrimental to the Handling. Look at Omni running in H-Stock Auto-X. Did you see his "Hill Climb Video"??
http://www.omnilith.net/videos/LarisonInCar2.mpg
Second, remember that swaybars are a "Fine Tuning", not a "Primary Adjustment".
If you do ALL of your "Roll Reduction" w/ Bars, you've just Eliminated the benefits of an Independent Suspension.
The alternative is to go w/ slightly stiffer Springs and Dampers, w/ only Milder bar/bars.
MY Recommendation would be the Apex kit w/ a Progress rear bar.
A bit stiffer springs, but not too much, slightly stiffer dampers, with an appropriate length for the springs, a NICE price for the kit, plus a bar in the Rear that will aid slightly w/ rotation and lean w/o overdoing it.
Tony D at New Edge Performance sells all of the above, and I Highly recommend his Service.
All together, this package will be a night and day difference for a very reasonable price.
Right. I'm actually thinking i'll probably do the FK kit with the progress rear. I've heard too many good things about FK from my VW friends to not do it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts