Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back there was a post on the OBX shifter and how everbodies was breaking, I said mine perfect 15,000 miles and no problems. Well it happen tonight 1st to 2nd the tranny was stuck in 1st, had to change back to stock in the parking lot of walmart, and I lost to a piece of [censored] honda.
Damn I will have at get him next weekend.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
well, as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for...try the FC short throw - strong as hell, and an easy install to boot. good luck, hope you have better luck with your next one!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
THE Stiff Mr.,
You're not talking STREET RACING are you????!!!!
Take it to the Track, and you won't be fixing Shifters at Wal-Mart.

BTW, what does this have to do w/ Interior Mods?????

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Too I will Have at him get next!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, No, I wasn't street racing, there's a track about 2 blocks from the walmart, got the car to walmart to get some tools, and meet my dad with the stock shifter,
he laughed his ass off.

anyway, I figured since the shifter is in the interior, and was modified, I thought this is where I should post,
if not where should i have posted.
Besides steet racing is just not worth it, loose your licence "which is my freedom"

and just curious how would the FC be easier to install, don't they connect in the same way?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THE Stiff Mr
And we're not going to start with this again,
can't you just give me a little respect. "the stiff my ster"

and "at" was supposed to be "to"
sorry, Dr. "grammar"

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
THE Stiff Mr.,
You're not talking STREET RACING are you????!!!!
Take it to the Track, and you won't be fixing Shifters at Wal-Mart.

BTW, what does this have to do w/ Interior Mods?????
...I lost to a piece of [censored] honda.
Damn I will have at get him next weekend.
OK I know people here don't like street rasing but isn't this getting a LITTLE out of hand? I mean come on, he said nothing about street racing, ONLY if you REALLY read into it could u even make that assumption. It's getting annoying how every time there is even a chance something is remotely related to street racing 10 people have to post something scolding the person. How bout this; if someone says something on street racing, a moderator deletes the post. If its just "questionable" be give them the benefit of the doubt and say nothing about it.

All this scolding from different people just keeps bumping the topic with "questionable" content back to the top so more people see it. How about we just let these threads die out quietly instead of ALWAYS bumping them back to the top?

If someone really is talking about street racing, and your not a moderator, or a moderator in the forum how bout you don't post anything and just inform the moderator in that forum. Let them just delete the post, and DON'T keep bumping a topic up that's about to be closed.

It seams like this "stop talking about street racing thing" is turning into the next IBTL.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
first thing I thought was street racing too..

now if he had said "I'm at the track goin up on a honda.. and whamo its gone!!!! blah blah blah.... to lose it to a honda.... had to change it @ walmart parking lot...." then it woulda been different.

Coulda been worse... it just coulda been assumed and locked without a chance to clarify....

so quitcherbitchen!

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
first thing I thought was street racing too..

now if he had said "I'm at the track goin up on a honda.. and whamo its gone!!!! blah blah blah.... to lose it to a honda.... had to change it @ walmart parking lot...." then it woulda been different.

Coulda been worse... it just coulda been assumed and locked without a chance to clarify....

so quitcherbitchen!
Yeah, STFU.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyway, how would the FC shifter be easier to install, I thought they all conect the same?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Just die the stock one a few inches!! Don't waste all this money. Spend $7 and following 3 simple instructions: 1) Die shifter 2) Saw off how much you want 3) Reattach shift knob

Wow, thats a PITA

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I had a cut stock shifter for awhile, but repeatedly kept missing 3rd gear at the track. I'm almost sure it was because I cut the shifter too low, because the FC shifter was taller than mine by about 3/4 of an inch. Since I've put the FC shifter in I have had no problems w/ misshifting.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
how many aftermarket shifter for the focus break

how many chopped stock shfiters for the focus break

how much do aftermarket shifters cost

how much do chopped stock shifters cost

simple math here

-Ult

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I will just weld the OBX back together, or maybe get a free one, I think OBX has a warranty on their shifters.
Not sure I will call them today, if not then I will just weld it up. real good!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i broke and welded mine. it's the stupid bottom ball weld that sucks. just redo it, and weld around the other seam, then grind it smooth.

no problems here, broke mine almost 10 months ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts