Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...doesn't work anymore. I can still use the one on my alarm and on the factory keyless...but I'm wondering if it could be that I messed something up when I did the fog-mod, but the pop worked for a while after i did the fog-mod. Which fuse controls the trunk pop button?

CCC

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
FYI-If both doors are locked, the interior trunk release will not work.

If the trunk release works at all, it is not a fuse problem. You need to verify the button is working by checking it with a ohm meter, if that works, then You will need to check the wires to and from the button. The fog lights are not connected to the trunk release circuit.

·
Registered
970 Posts
also the button wont work if a door lock actuator is out. I had the right side ones go out and the button would not work as well as my dome light it wouldnt go off either.
maybe a possibility.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys...but how would I test to see if teh button is working...you mentioned an ohm meter, but where would I have to get to in oreder to find out if its working or not.

CCC

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Thanks for the info guys...but how would I test to see if teh button is working...you mentioned an ohm meter, but where would I have to get to in oreder to find out if its working or not.

CCC
Remove the button and check it without wiring hooked up.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it just pull out??? Do I have to remove the dash trim???

CCC

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I think you will have to pull the dash trim. Disconnect the wires and hook up an ohmmeter-a cheap one will do for this. It should read open circuit until you press the button, then it should go to zero when you press it. I had my connector fall off when I put my dash trim back in so you might be lucky and have it be something simple like this.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I'll look into it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts