Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all ,

Im doing the install today and Ive never even seen a camshaft until yesterday when they got here....so wish me luck!!! I think I have all the instructions I need and all the tools and parts.If anyone has any pointers , Ill be reading this message periodically today and updating it to where Im at.Thanks.

cory

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Never seen a camshaft before in your life? You really should consult/hire an expert before you attempt installation.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok , Ive see one , but never put one in....its going good so far and I had someone fax me some pages outta a hnes manual.

·
Registered
66 Posts
good luck with the install
Im looking forward to hearing how well they do

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK , the cams are in and its running great!! I guess I figured it all out.It actually wasnt that hard to do.The timing was the hardest part.Id just like to say thanks to Focusboy for the instructions he posted on the jet a while back and thanks to manninej(?) for sending me the pages of his Haynes manual in such a prompt manner!!
Just pay attention to everything you do and anyone could do this install.And make sure you check the clearances on the shims!!!
Very important!!! It took about 4 hours total for everything....now I need to find a DYNO to do the cam gears! Anyone in NJ know of one???

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Originally posted by red02zx3:
OK , the cams are in and its running great!! I guess I figured it all out.It actually wasnt that hard to do.The timing was the hardest part.Id just like to say thanks to Focusboy for the instructions he posted on the jet a while back and thanks to manninej(?) for sending me the pages of his Haynes manual in such a prompt manner!!
Just pay attention to everything you do and anyone could do this install.And make sure you check the clearances on the shims!!!
Very important!!! It took about 4 hours total for everything....now I need to find a DYNO to do the cam gears! Anyone in NJ know of one???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">www.dynojet.com ...theres several in jersey

·
Registered
299 Posts
this is where he responds with valve lash???

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by TigreTek:
this is where he responds with valve lash???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Ray! I tried to call you guys for some pointers....I had a haynes manual to do it with and it didnt say anything about "lash?" ... I checked the clearances between the lobes and the buckets and they were all good.....its my first cam job(lol) all , so go easy on me!

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
I know. Sounds like you did a good job. This is something that alot of people overlook and can hurt the performance of there car. Lash and clearance same thing at least you checked it.

[ 03-23-2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Yel900rr ]

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Id just like to say thanks Ray for all the help...I know I bugged the SH** outta you guys!
Id like to come up there one of these weekends and show ya the car.Thanks again for everything.I cant say enough good stuff about McNews!!!!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ray

Do you have a list of the different shims that I would need for a Crower stage 2 install? Maybe even part numbers that I'd be able to take to my local dealership.

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
You need to set the cams in and get the clearance from each valve. If they are to tight or loose then take the shim out get the size do the math and get the shim from Ford. They have about 15 different sizes. I have all of the part numbers at the shop i can get them for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts