Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I bought some dual halo projector headlamps. If I knew I could make my own halo rings like I know how now, then I woulda bought hella's

I say make your own. Its a little much more involved but hte look is ver ver clean. It incorperates 4 LEDS in a complete ring to get a true HALO look.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well these rings aren't that expensive so really, making it yourself is somewhat pointless. Besides what would you make this out of? the only thing I can think of is get some plexiglass and cut out a ring, cut a lil slit in the bottom drill a hole for the LEDs but that would give off light sideways and not frontwards.....

·
Registered
837 Posts
Mini-blind wand, the acrylic ones (clear ones). Basically pop the wand into an oven, when its soft enough wrap it around a salt container (Morton) and voila you have your ring. Add 4 leds to each halo ring (2 each across from each other). I could right up a tutorial but I already have dual halos. Maybe for the svt fogs i can do a write up.

In total (rough estimate) making a DIY Halo could still be cost effective.

Im not telling you to go out and do it, im just saying you could just make it. Im not trying to cause and argument, just stating an alternative for those who are interested.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Mini-blind wand, the acrylic ones (clear ones). Basically pop the wand into an oven, when its soft enough wrap it around a salt container (Morton) and voila you have your ring. Add 4 leds to each halo ring (2 each across from each other). I could right up a tutorial but I already have dual halos. Maybe for the svt fogs i can do a write up.

In total (rough estimate) making a DIY Halo could still be cost effective.

Im not telling you to go out and do it, im just saying you could just make it. Im not trying to cause and argument, just stating an alternative for those who are interested.
To add to that, you use a dremel cuttin wheel and make notches about every 1/8" to catch the light.
THere was a how to a while back, some CRX guy did a nice writeup. But that site is gone now.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Agreed, alot of HONDA/Acura tuners do alot of DIY stuff. This is how I learned of the DIY Halos, you could actually even put it within the headlamp enclosure. Would look much better though if you have projector styll headlamps, such has hella's, or something similar like ST170.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good idea... never thought of that, this way you can make them any size you want cause I am wanting to do this to my e-code hella projectors

sweet

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Agreed, alot of HONDA/Acura tuners do alot of DIY stuff.
Yes, I believe it was the Honda/Acura "tuners" who gave us the great discoveries of plastic garden edging as front lip and the coffee can as the muffler.
Great moments in history!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts