Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm black below the waist
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that dealerships always try to rip you off? I mean I know they are trying to make money, but ripping people off is not a good way to keep customers.

So I was driving by the dealership today and remembered that one of my fog lights is out. I stopped by the dealership and asked one of the service techs what kind of bulb I need to replace the burnt one. And he said "Oh, on the focus you can't just replace the bulb, you need to replace the whole light.". I was like, "Oh really? how much do those run." And he replied "They run about $125."!!!! I laughed at him and left.

So I got home, pissed off and in disbelief. Climbed under the car, and in a matter of 20 seconds I was holding the burnt out bulb in my hand. Went down to the closest auto parts store, got a new bulb for $10, put it in and it works perfect.

Now, $125?????? WTF?! And I bet a lot of people fall for it. So whould they try ot charge me $80 an hour for installation too? thats just shameless.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
everyone deals with it. When i was gonna buy a 4th gen maxima before i got my focus, the dealer gave me a bunch of crap and wouldnt budge on the price (which was above the current 5th gens they had on the lot) so i walked, got my focus to save up for a Z. Find a dealer you like and keep going there.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
There are good dealerships
and bad dealerships
.Best thing to do is just find a good dealership in your area that will treat right.

·
I'm black below the waist
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
or just not go to them for anything other than warranty work. Either way its just not right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts