Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to have my automatic tranny replaced uhm...18 months or so ago and the remanufactured POS they put in has been slippery and unresponsive the whole time. Every time I go in for service I tell them the thing's crapping out and now I've got a nice big stack of pink service reports saying "Owner reports transmission issues. No problem found."

The other night I was at a two-way stop and started to accelerate across the intersection (not pedal to the metal, mind you, but not gently either) and the tranny slipped and I lost power with oncoming traffic heading my way. It recovered and I scooted outta there, but I think a complete dropout like that is totally unacceptable.

Called Ford in SF and told'em what was up...but I thought I'd check and see if you guys could offer any tips for making the dealership see the light. "No problem found" is no longer acceptable to me and I want to make sure I get a new transmission before this one kills me.

Thanks!

Isaac

·
Registered
47 Posts
1.) try a differnt ford dealer or differnt service rep
2.) live with it until it blows (u coverd your self by reporting the problem, documentation)
3.) try a couple neutral bombs, or reverse to drive bombs that will ruin the tranny in know time, shift yourself also.

good luck

·
Registered
729 Posts
1.) try a differnt ford dealer or differnt service rep
2.) live with it until it blows (u coverd your self by reporting the problem, documentation)
3.) try a couple neutral bombs, or reverse to drive bombs that will ruin the tranny in know time, shift yourself also.

good luck

dont know if it will work but go to ford again,,,,after they say your fine go to an outside source and have them do a check it the same day,,,,if and when they see something go back to ford and tell them if they dont fix it and pay for your other bill youll sue,,,,usually a little threatening will get u a long way

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Is it worth while trying to kick this up the ladder at Ford before I get threatening? They're doing more tests today, but the initial look they gave it yesterday didn't turn up anything.

Isaac

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's an update--Albany Ford couldn't find anything, and now S&C Ford can't find anything. They kicked it up to a Ford Engineer hotline so we'll see what comes of that . . . but does anyone have any idea where I should go next? Do I ask for a manager or to talk to someone at corporate? I refuse to drive my car off that lot because no matter what the tests say, *I* stuck in the middle of an intersection without power while other cars were driving at me.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts