Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now im leaning towards the iceman/cool-flo set up. sounds pretty good to me, but it just costs like $400!!! is there any other good quality CAIs?? like aem or somethin else. or tell me what you got on your car. but no e-bay stuff. i got a couple of friends who got ripped of from there. anyways....any input on some good CAIs would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I have the coolflo intake w/ the iceman upper tube and I'm going to get an SVT snorkel sooner or later. I like the combination. If you want ICEMAN parts, I suggest putting a want to buy add up here on the 'jet and see what people will offer you.

BTW, note that if you have a new throttle body, you can get a zetec intake therefore making your search a bit easier.

Good luck,
Rusty

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a Ractive intake. I personally think its crap, but thats my opinion. Remember that if you're gonna get a CAI to be careful in the rain or else you'll be suckin up a whole lotta water into your engine. Your best bet would probably be to upgrade the Throttle Body and get a nice Zetec intake

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a AEM CAI W/ the BDR tb(which you have to purchase) and I love it. My car has a better throttle response and the engine revs alot better then before. the only problem is that the brakett on the first piece does not screw onto the distributor coil.

Plus when I hit hig rpm's the intake sounds like a turbo spinning up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts