Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some advice...

I bought a house about 7 mths ago. It sorta amazed me how much my priorties changed and now instead of wanting to mod my SVT, I want to mod my house

So hears the deal. I have a ATV and boat therefore need something to tow a trailer around when I need it. My SVT is about a year and a half old and only has 4800 miles on it... needless to say, I don't drive it much. I also have a 98 Dodge Dakota but I'm getting sick of it, and if I'm going to have a truck I want a full-size and 4-wheel drive.

I've always wanted a white 4x4 F-150 and I think that Ford is going to be throwing out some nice rebates on the 03's to get them off the lots. I'm not to concerned about getting ahold of the new body style.

So, if you were in my shoes what would you do? The Dak is completely paid off and if I sold my SVT, I'd basically loose a dollar for every mile I've driven it, assuming I could get 12,000 for it. My problem is that nothing that Ford offers (other than the F-150) excites me to much. And I want to try to stick to Ford because I get A-plan. However, I do get a supplier discount for GM and Chrysler. I just don't want a car payment over 325-350 (currently I pay 284 for the SVT).

Any advice or should I just stick with what I've got?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
My dad just bought an 03 f150 and got a pretty good deal on it, he took two cars in to trade and walked out with a very small car payment. He loves the truck. If its what you need then go for it.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Jeremy,
Since you have a budget set for a max monthly payment I would see what Ford is offering on a white 2003 F-150 4X4 now in rebates it might be somewhere around $4000 but I could be off with that figure,then factor in your A-plan discount and see where it leaves you.If it turns out to be higher then what you are willing to pay keep what you already have for now.Just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trade in the SVT and look at the 04 F-150's. I think Ford actually made some major improvements from 03 to 04 but that is just my opinion

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Will you be miserable not having a car around to drive when you feel like being spirited? That's the only negative I can think of in this situation. You can get great deals on '03 F150s right now, the only thing that concerns me about the '03 F150s are it's crash ratings, especially if it's going to be your daily driver, otherwise they're great trucks. You should have no problem getting 12K for your trade, I got that 3 months ago on my SVTF and it had over 20K miles on it.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I would keep what you have and deal with it...just because theres really no good reason to have two car payments on two vechicles. Wait a couple years and see how you feel. Better off keeping your debt to income ratio at a good level or what not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts