Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I'm gonna knock you out, Momma.
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
\"Deep Dish\" style wheels.

I am wondering what some brands and model names are of the "deep dish" style wheels that some Foci have. I also see similar wheels on cars such as BMW. I think it looks awsome, and want to do some shopping around. I have searched FJ and haven't really came up with anything, and have only done a little on google.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Re: \"Deep Dish\" style wheels.

LOok at any German wheel company and you will find them. Brock, ATS, AEZ, RH, are just some to look at.

·
Registered
233 Posts

talk to tunershop.com

they re the only US retailer i can think of for borbets, brocks, rh alurad, etc that carry 16x9, 17x9.5 in the focus lug configuration 4x108.

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I couldn't realy find any info, but on that site. Is the price for a set of 4, or just for one?

Edit:
I am liking these ones:

rim 8,5x17 ET 30 $456 USD
rim 9,5x17 ET 30 $523 USD
Is that per wheel, or for a set?

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Okay then, screw that.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts

Wow import taffifs are that much?

·
Registered
584 Posts

Velox offers a nice lip.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts

deep dish rims are real pricy........ well worth the investment though **i wish i had some**

·
Registered
39 Posts

deep dish rims are real pricy........ well worth the investment though **i wish i had some**
Ok that made no sense...invest in a car? I think not. Excluding a few old school hot rods...a focus is not something to "invest" in heh.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts

theres a difference between polished lip and deep dish...

those ebay wheels are 7 inches wide with a high offset.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts

I think that is a dish, it's just hard to tell from that picture. Also, 42 isn't such a bad offset, unless I'm severely mistaken.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts

Man you guys should look on more German sites as that look is not that expensive. Try the D&W website, they have a ton of wheels like you are looking for.

·
Registered
233 Posts

the cost of the wheels may be lower but you lose any savings on container shipping.

Also, 42 isn't such a bad offset, unless I'm severely mistaken.
you are mistaken

the lower the offset, the closer the center of the wheel will be to the inside of the rim. with an offset closer to the mid 20s, you are 20mm further away from the outer edge of the wheel compared to a rim with an offset of 40. for those of you who dont know metric conversion, an inch is 25mm.

so, in closing, 7 inches isnt very wide, and combined with a high positive offset (40+) you re only looking at a lip of an inch or so, most likely the spokes will be bent backwards and the lips dont extend much if at all past them. compare that with a 8 or 9 inch wide wheel width and an lower offset, thats the difference between euro deep dish and random "tuner" wheels with a polished lip.

·
8,054 Posts

OK, so first of all, go back and look at the picture. Then take a look at the picture again. Then maybe one more time and start trying to tell me there's a difference between a polished lip and a dish. Come on dude. That "polished lip" is at least an inch and a half "deep." I don't believe there is anything in that first post that is stating he wants, needs, or can accomodate an 8 or 9 inch wheel. Now look at the picture again. Yes, its a 42 offset. Yes, that offset is fine for our car. You can't argue that. Look at how many people use a 42 with no problems at all. Now, look at the picture one more time. Obviously the center of the wheel is further out than where the spokes meet the rim. Obviously there is a dish because of that reason. That dish is definitely a dish, and not just a polished lip. Yes, it is polished, but it is a dish nonetheless. Maybe not deep (apparently, it can't be a "deep dish" unless its an 8 or 9 inch wheel, and a race car isn't a race car unless it drops out the floor pan, right.....) but it is a dish. If you don't think so, take a look at the pic again. Lastly, sounds like you're saying a dish can't be a dish unless its "Euro." Ummmmmm......where in the original post does it say anything about him wanting a "euro deep dish" and not a tuner wheel that may happen to have a dish. We always have the one guy trying to turn everything into a Euro/tuner debate.

·
8,054 Posts

jinstall will probably love these ones as well I saw a while ago on FFOC. But I guess they can't be a dish either since they are only 7 inches wide, and can't be "Euro" since they come from England.......

·
Registered
233 Posts

dear simple creature:

above you will find a pic of the motegi DP12

here is a list of available configurations for 17 inch DP12s:
size! bolt pattern! offset!
17x7 5x4.5 42
17x7 5x100 42
17x7 4x4.5 42
17x7 4x100 42
17x7 4x4.5 35
17x7 4x100 35

guess what... you re probably not looking at the 17x7 with the 42 offset. in fact, this particular wheel is available in 20x7.5, and its very possible that the auctioneer is going to use the same pic for every listing. your one dimensional arguement is based on a single picture and obviously you have no experience with anything other than common universal fit "tuner" wheels that anyone can find on the wall at their local pep boys, autozone, etc. you want more lip, go with the lower offset. a 7 inch wide wheel with a high positive offset will never look like this:

or

so i ll leave it at that... blow your wal mart paycheck on some random wheels with a polished lip if thats the look you re going for. oh, by the way, wolfrace has no US distribution, good luck getting a set of those on this side of the pond for anywhere near the price of a set of generic ebay specials.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts

dear simple creature:

above you will find a pic of the motegi DP12

here is a list of available configurations for 17 inch DP12s:
size! bolt pattern! offset!
17x7 5x4.5 42
17x7 5x100 42
17x7 4x4.5 42
17x7 4x100 42
17x7 4x4.5 35
17x7 4x100 35

guess what... you re probably not looking at the 17x7 with the 42 offset. in fact, this particular wheel is available in 20x7.5, and its very possible that the auctioneer is going to use the same pic for every listing. your one dimensional arguement is based on a single picture and obviously you have no experience with anything other than common universal fit "tuner" wheels that anyone can find on the wall at their local pep boys, autozone, etc. you want more lip, go with the lower offset. a 7 inch wide wheel with a high positive offset will never look like this:

or

so i ll leave it at that... blow your wal mart paycheck on some random wheels with a polished lip if thats the look you re going for. oh, by the way, wolfrace has no US distribution, good luck getting a set of those on this side of the pond for anywhere near the price of a set of generic ebay specials.
I am sure I could get the Wolfrace in the US for less than a $100 in shipping and have them there in 10 days. I would bet my next paycheck on it.

·
Registered
233 Posts

my point was that the wolfrace wheel didnt support mieval's arguement for a high positive offset wheel in a 7 inch width qualifying as a true deep dish wheel like the original poster was interested in. I have seen wolfrace wheels in all the UK magazines for about 4 or 5 years now, and the only good thing i have to say about them is that they are now the UK distributer for RIAL wheels... if you could get borbets, brocks, keskins etc domestically and ship them to the states for $100 you would be my new best friend =)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.