Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Part 2 from Car and Driver.

No.4 Jaguar S-Type R

Highs: Seductive supercharger whine, bargain pricing swanky interior.

Lows: Relatively modest power[ 390hp Superharged], J gate shifter,hints of brake fade.

The Verdict: A posh and affordable fast tourer that stops just short of Super.

No.3: MBZ E55 AMG
Highs Face-distorting thrust, right-now throttle response, superb seats.

Lows: Electronic brake meddling, peculiar steering program,tricky at the limits of adhesion.

The Verdict: Quirky, but unbeatable for the driver who wants to warp space and time

No.2: BMW M5
Highs:Athletic character, manual transmission, still a treat to the eye.

Lows: Numb steering,dated interior, aggressive traction control.

The Verdict: Still a deep well of driver gratification, but no longer the deepest.

and the Number #1 Car:

No.1: Audi RS 6
Highs: Bulldog grip, unflappable composure, devastating punch.

Lows: Face distorting price, low-speed lunge, ponderous in tight twisties.

The Verdict: A Super Sports Sedan that redefines the class.

There ya have.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
I was absolutely stunned that BMW lost 2 comparos to Audi in one magazine. I've always been a huge Audi fan, and think styling on BMWs is going down the ****ter, but I never expected Audi would start winning the C/D staff's BMW loving hearts. I'm curious how the replacement to the 5 series will do. I know it's going to be a horrid looking beast, we'll see if that affects it's reviews or not though.

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
if you read the article though, the m5 still came out as the "driver's" car. it is just showing its age and isn't as comfortable for passengers

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
I did read the article, the magazine is right here
(assuming that was directed at me for some reason) I still think it's interesting that Audi won two comparos in one mag though old age or not. I know C/D staff think the Audis have a tendency to feel heavier than they are and like to push corners (try to step the rear end out on a quattro Audi without the E-brake, go ahead) That's why even though it's getting old I was surprised it didn't win. They always describe the M5 pretty much as the perfect car. The next M5 is going to need some damn tight handling to overcome it's fall down the ugly tree...

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
that AMG is just sick...

500ft/lb torque +

HOLY ****, that thing will spank z06s...would that be some ****, seeing a 4 door big sedan pull on a z06...OMG, i want it

But yes, the Audi is just better then the m5...the m5 is cool and good looking but bang for buck..that audi is sweeet, AWD, huge power, great handling, awesome looks, torque, style...

and the s4 is awesome too, v8 340hp HELL yea

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
the m5 is cool and good looking but bang for buck..that audi is sweeet,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">bang for the buck may be the wrong term. the audi is probably going for 82-$84,000. don't get me wrong, i love it but maybe..

"you get what you pay for"

·
Registered
158 Posts
Those E46 M3's are getting overpriced (if they ever were not) with their high base price and outrageous option prices. And it's ride is so stiff that there's no point in relating it to BMW's since BMW's have been known for their great handling AND ride.

And finally, a magazine that will come right out and peg the E39 M5 for numb steering.

The new S4 Wagon costs less than the M3. Fast wagons always look cool. Well, at least to me.

I like the C32 AMG the best. The best ride and most sleeper-like. Perfect for cross-country touring and passing cars on undivided highways. Like C&D once said, get one in dark red metallic and you'll be blowing by without getting noticed.

Too bad I can't even afford a Focus. Sigh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts