Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There's some speculation these may be leaked photos of the new GTI. Nothing is available on VW's Media site yet though. I realize that pics of the MK5 Golf in both 4-door and 2-door are yesterday's news, but these are specifically the GTI.

There are no specs available yet on the GTI, but I'd expect it may offer a more potent version of the boosted 2.0L and then possibly the 3.2L VR6 eventually.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: Possibly the first photos of the new MKV GTI..

that is absolutley beautiful
i wonder if i will be able to fit those headlights and grill on my mkIV golf???

·
Registered
424 Posts
Re: Possibly the first photos of the new MKV GTI...

i like that a lot i like it better than the current GTI

one problem vw's are a pain to work on no information is given on how to fix anything on the car.

cool car though!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

I'm usually not the first person to shout photoshop, but something about the black trim looks like it's painted onto the picture not the car.

·
Registered
85 Posts

i'm not a huge fan of the black trim they have on the skirts and lips of most luxury cars now. The plastic trim might be family resemblance to audi, there was a pic posted here of an audi here not too long ago with the same black trim above the front bumper.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

emulous - there are several posters on VWVortex speculating a photoshop as well. It's yet to be determined though...

One 'vortexer went so far as to 'bet his left nut' that it's a p-chop. Another suggested he'd "have to say goodbye to (his) beloved nut." They're a nutty bunch over there.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
24,330 Posts

Hmmmm, the first pic looks a lot better than the second. Something about the wheels just isn't right. I don't know about that black part of the front end. I thought it would look better than this, kinda bummin' it over here if it's for real. Maybe I just need to sleep on it. Or drive it.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

In my opinion Randy - too much of it looks real for the parts that are iffy to be photoshopped. I think a lot of the stuff I'm unsure of could be the fact that the .jpg file format doesn't deal well when compressing red.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

i luv my gti

·
Registered
751 Posts

I definitly like it. The blacked out headlights look alot meaner, the front bumper is pretty nice, and I actually don't think the wheels will look too bad. The black side skirts and rear bumper really need to be painted though. The black painted front looks pretty nice, but a little out of place unless they continued the theme throughout the whole car. Overall tho, i give it

·
Registered
734 Posts

looks alot like the Toyota Vitz

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The pics turned out to be real afterall - here's three more that come from a more credible source:

Gotta say - I'm diggin' that steering wheel.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

looks better than the normal mk 5 golf, but it still looks like ass overall.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts

The steering wheel rocks!

I think the car looks great, I don't care what anyone else says.

I will be interesting to see how the black trim will look on dark colors other then black (probably not good).

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Definitely the first photos of new MKV GTI...

I changed the original thread title.

I think about half the posters on VWVortex ended up convincing themselves that they were merely photoshopped.

I guess they don't like it.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: Definitely the first photos of new MKV GTI...

honestly the only thing i don't like about it is the black painted section above the plate and below the emblem. everything else is very

1 - 20 of 45 Posts