Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a ride with isko this past saturday to see what was going on at dpa. While we were making a u-turn I see a srt 4 waiting at the light coming from the opposite direction. I broke my neck because I never saw one in the street yet, and I wanted to see it move, so isko cruised at maybe 10 mph waiting for him. He pulls up, were cruisin at maybe 15mph, isko floors it for maybe 3 seconds, by then the srt was up by more than a car
must be the lsd, i was really impressed
plz no heat about street racing, isko didnt even mash it long enough to hit the speed limit

[ 05-20-2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: BlueByYou ]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by Thameth:
SRT's don't have an LSD...

And also this is very much on the borderline of street racing but i will leave this to the public to decide. We have a NO TOLERANCE stance here so even things that are suspect are not allowed, please remember that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...the thread was called srt-4 is a winner, sounds like you strret raced to me

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by Thameth:

And also this is very much on the borderline of street racing but i will leave this to the public to decide. We have a NO TOLERANCE stance here so even things that are suspect are not allowed, please remember that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Pulled Over 2wice:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Thameth:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">...the thread was called srt-4 is a winner, sounds like you strret raced to me</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I didnt say THE winner, I said A winner.
besides, speed limit is 40, we didnt even hit 40!
some race!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Remember Blue - on FJ speeding is okay, it's the hint of street racing that is completely unacceptable. So just because you weren't breaking any laws or actually racing doesn't mean it's acceptable on FJ. Next time have your friend buy a radar detector Ron recommends and ride along as he speeds away; you'll catch less **** for it so long as you don't go *too* fast. That's a consistent morality for ya.

[ 05-20-2003, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: proxemac ]

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah, you'll find the double standard is pretty prevalent here. They'll castrate you for saying things like "man, i had to race to work the other day" but guys love to post how "stable the SVT is at 130 mph"

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by TbirdJayC:
Yeah, you'll find the double standard is pretty prevalent here. They'll castrate you for saying things like "man, i had to race to work the other day" but guys love to post how "stable the SVT is at 130 mph"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Your just jealous the SVTF can hit 130mph
. J/K

but serious I driven next to an SRT-4 but not with my car my mom's van I just love the way the stock exhust sounds
very beefy.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Dual standard.... Yeah right....

Street racing is one of the illegal activities that is carefully policed around here. I don't see why anybody needs to spend any time sweating over other illegal activities that may fall through the cracks.

[ 05-20-2003, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
They have a point though.

The "no street-racing" clause is pretty ridiculous for a variety of reasons, including those stated above.

Whatever....Ron has a right to do whatever he wants with his board. There are plenty of other boards out there to discuss racing.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I've definetly noticed the double standard aswell. It seems you can talk about driving fast, so long as there isn't another car beside you.

People talk about doing G-Tech runs on the street (which is most certainly racing,) but it's "okay" because they were by themselves.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
Dual standard.... Yeah right.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i notice that too Omni the fact that when I saw the exhust setup. I was like GOD damn talk about mickey moused. And it's crazy how they can get that kind of sound out of it.

i totally miss took the meaning of dual standard

[ 05-20-2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: focusride ]

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Yea the SRT is SOOOO FAST!! I'm very impressed...

Well I think this post is fine to be honest. I think mashing the throttle to the floor is all about enjoying the car! And I have done that next to a couple friends just to see the difference in how a car "pulls" but we don't go excessively fast, we just pull a little bit in second gear to compare. It's not racing, because there is no finish line, there is no winner, and there is not breaking of the law! (last I checked accelerating to the speed limit isn't against the law unless they call it "exhibition of speed")

As for the double standard, I completely disagree. I think FJ is adhering to their standard! They do not condone street racing, so they don't allow posts about it. And because they let other posts stand you call it a double standard?

They have already stated, they will not tolerate street racing posts, so cry like a little girl all you want about that, but if you want to talk about it, go somewhere else! Now if they wanted to run this place like a prision, sure they could lock down EVERY thread that mentions an act that would a traffic violation. But then that would be EXTENDING their stated policy beyond what it is intended to do. I'm sure if some of you who complain about the double standard really want it remedied, you can email your screen name to Ron. So that if YOU make a post about top speed or whatever, the Mods will lock it for you!! Since you wanted to be treated fairly

[ 05-20-2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: belacyrf ]

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think the no street racing policy is fine and I agree that it's Ron's board and he can do whatever he likes. I'm just pointing out that Ron obviously breaks the speed limit and recommends to FJ members certain tools to avoid being caught for breaking the speed limit and this seems to me to be inconsistent with being so harshly anti-street racing. What I mean is that they both generally increase the chances of a crash, both are illegal and yet one is more than condoned while even the hint of the other is forbidden. Until there's a "Don't point out possible moral or legal inconsistencies in the FJ's policies" policy, I'll feel free to do so. If such a policy is started, I'll respect it.

I don't mean to disrespect Ron in any way and if it seems I've done so, I apologize. I have never street raced and I have not gotten a ticket (yet) and, frankly, I don't care much which way the policy blows. It's not like I need a radar detector, a map to local street races, or am harshly anti-speeding or anti-SR. I just find the duality of it, as Omni alluded to it, to be interesting and wouldn't mind having an intelligent discussion about it with people who don't find it to be inconsistent.

·
Registered
410 Posts
To put it simply, if you OWN an G-Tech (and i dont) they YOU ARE A STREET RACER! What other purpose would that thing serve? If you only race at the track, then you dont need one. If you OWN a radar detector, then you are an outlaw as well. Otherwise, why would you need it?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Well.. There is this much about it:

Street Racing is illegal everywhere.
Speeding is illegal everywhere.

I have seen many a post locked down that dealt with extreme speeding.... but I've been here a while.

Buying and using a radar detector is not illegal except in Connecticut... and maybe another state I'm not familiar with.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by TbirdJayC:
To put it simply, if you OWN an G-Tech (and i dont) they YOU ARE A STREET RACER! What other purpose would that thing serve? If you only race at the track, then you dont need one. If you OWN a radar detector, then you are an outlaw as well. Otherwise, why would you need it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am not a street racer, nor I am an outlaw. You have already called me a hypocrite before. If you have an issue with some sort of post police duality, then I suggest you contact an administrator about it, and knock this stuff off.

[ 05-20-2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Registered
410 Posts
you are both if you own those things. if you use a g-tech you are racing the clock, just like at a track. except one important thing is missing...THE TRACK. you're racing the clock...in the street, that makes you a street racer. if the shoe fits, wear it.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
As a male, you are equipped to be a rapist, but you are not, are you?

As a gun owner, a person is equipped to be a murderer, but they are not, are they?

[ 05-20-2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
Buying and using a radar detector is not illegal except in Connecticut... and maybe another state I'm not familiar with.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">to clarify, a radar detector is legal in CT since 97.

it is still illegal i believe in Virginia.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.