Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Actually, you can get about 5 hp and torque from those plugs, they really do work and the more mods you have on your car the better results you will see from those plugs. Ive seen gains on those from 7hp on a Civic Si to about 10hp on a Lightning.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When are you people going to learn you don't get horsepower from plugs.

From plugs alone you will not get anything.

If you upgrade your whole ignition system you will only get a 10th of a second that is .1 off of your 1/4 mile time, maybe.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Jay not allways true ,but there is no power from those plugs

most people that install new plugs and then dyno dont understand that just being a new plug will make beter power

this is the way we test spk plugs

we buy a new set of what ever the customer is running then we do 5 passes back to back this it to put the plug in to a heat cycle ,then they cool down for 10 min. then we do 3 runs back to back

then we change to what ever plug the customer wants to test and do it all over again

the only spk plug we have EVER seen a gain out of was the autolite AR series

we have found that the cheep plugs make just as much power and gas mileage as the higher price ones

I just did an artical in muscle mustand and fast fords ,i think it was in last months and covered some testing on a mustang with the autolite spk
plugs

Now as you move up in HP you need to step down in heat range and no one makes any for this

i sold justin(tobyboom) a set to test with and i have a set and saw 6hp out of the colder plugs on my car

spk. plugs can make some hp but the denso will only cost you more money buy the cheeper plug and spend the money somewhere where it will help

tom

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
hey!! i need to get some of those! 59 HP on their civic from just changing the plugs!!
all you people on this board are so stupid for actually spending money to modify your cars!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts