Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one help me I just got my diablo chip and put it in now the car won't start The trip and odometer won't turn on either I pulled the chip and the car will start just fine with it out I tried scuffing up the plug a lil more but no such luck. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok now the car won't even start with the chip out some body give me some info here i'm going crazy

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
u need 2 scrub more, includin the backside which is hard 2 get 2. try usin somethin 2 hold the scrubby and start workin back and 4th. u should c the pins change color (their not actually changin color, the coatin is just completely removed). it feels like ur doin 2 much, but u need 2. its not just a wipe wipe thats it. keep goin, u'll b fine.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
calm down, its normal, its like the 'jump' in the matrix. no1 makes it the 1st time.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you talking about when it changes to a copper color

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
calm down, its normal, its like the 'jump' in the matrix. no1 makes it the 1st time.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I got mine the first time... too bad the chip code had an error.

then again, it was a superchip and not diablo. so

[ 01-21-2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: speedy_zx3 ]

·
Registered
128 Posts
yeah and dont wipe too much with the alcohol swab either. at least dont let it drip onto the surface next to the pins. mine wouldnt start either until it dried up.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update got my car running again thankfully no chip yet but it does run so i'm happy with that thanks for the help and thanks to the forum for so many other people having the same problem unpluged both battery cables for 20 mins hooked everything back up stock form and it's all good now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts