Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a diablo for about 2 years now, code JFA6, and i am getting a loud clicking sound(detonation?) when i accelerate hard. I had to reset my cam gears to 0/0 to get the problem to quit. Will getting the chip reburned with an updated version fix this problem? Also, it was the early program that did not remove the top speed govenor. I can get up to about 110 or 115 and starts to die but then the car just stays there. Need a little help here fellas. thanx in advance.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
seems your not the only one with this problem. under light load up to 7k if i wanted to its fine. but other than that. detonation none stop, pulled the chip and its fine. keep me updated on what your gonna do

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by KicknZX3:
seems your not the only one with this problem. under light load up to 7k if i wanted to its fine. but other than that. detonation none stop, pulled the chip and its fine. keep me updated on what your gonna do
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine was doing that same thing, so I changed the brand of gas, I now use exxon and do not have any detonation at all.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THe detonoation probelm has been fixed, but what about reburning my diablo to update the speed govenor and stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts