Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I enjoy mine(only had it for 2 days). Mid range rpms seem stronger. Before the Diablo the power was sporatic(sp?). It would run good sometimes, then just run o.k.. With the Diablo, I keep waiting for the "Come on, little Z, you can do it" to happen, and it doesn't. Call Cajun(Danny) www.2dsperformance.com for more info.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
those previous posts made no sense.

It depends on what you want.

The Main benefits for having a chip are Raised speed limiter and raised Rev limiter.

If you have an auto, your transmission line pressure is increased your shifts are a lot harder.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by ratkllr:
but do you really enjoy it though i mean be true to yourself and your chevy heritage
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think YOU need to be true to your new heritage. Your wife's ZX2, with a ZETEC.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:

The Main benefits for having a chip are Raised speed limiter and raised Rev limiter.

If you have an auto, your transmission line pressure is increased your shifts are a lot harder.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you commenting on how I feel about my chip? I do feel an increase in midrange(I have a 5spd). Also, with an automatic, the chip also raises the shift rpms to keep the engine in it's power range.

ratkllr, my brother(he really is), Focaljet kinda frowns on topics getting off-topic.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by BLOWNSTANG:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Shiva Chaos:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you commenting on how I feel about my chip? I do feel an increase in midrange(I have a 5spd). Also, with an automatic, the chip also raises the shift rpms to keep the engine in it's power range.

ratkllr, my brother(he really is), Focaljet kinda frowns on topics getting off-topic.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">naw. I meant those two before mine. Those chevy references got me

But in any case. yeah.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I've had my Diablo for several months now, and LOVE IT!!!

Whether or not it adds a single Hp, I don't care. I have a 5-Speed, and the torque curve is altered such that it's stronger across a wider band, AND along w/ the rev-limiter being raised, IT KEEPS PULLING up there!

When racing, I now shift at about 6950, and the strong pull is at least to 6750....

I HIGHLY recommend it, as long as it has a program which works well for your other mods.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was thinking about the Diablo Chip but for that money for 10HP
i thought that was good till i heard about the JET Power Chip for the Focus it is roughly the same price but it give u 30HP
. does anyone have the JET chip i would like to find out more about it.

-Nate

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a Diablo and my car went BOOOM! In its defense, I had way too many mods to expect it to perform up to my expectations. I should have had it dyno tuned, and will once the short block comes
& the car is mobile.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by Roll'n MACH Status:
i thought that was good till i heard about the JET Power Chip for the Focus it is roughly the same price but it give u 30HP

-Nate
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Doubt it, unless it comes w/ yellow stickers...
Like I said, it's worth it if it doesn't ADD a single PEAK Horsepower. It broadens the Torque-Curve, increasing the overall useable power.
Adding 30Hp to the Zetec w/ the simple addition of a chip relies too heavily on "Rice-Math".
Likewise, the addition of the chip probably had nothing to do w/ a blown engine, unless it was somehow improperly installed and totally glitched your ECU.

·
Registered
560 Posts
ok, i have a diablo chip with x-14 program, my car is a 5 speed manual, i dunno if it gave me more hp at the wheel but it definitly pulls harder especially from 3500rpm, it is a totally different car with and without the chip. It just wakes up your car!

·
Registered
745 Posts
i dropped in the diablo after i had my K&N FIPK and magnaflo exhaust on and it smoothened up gave me better pull and the whole speed and rev limiter...i don't get the speed limiter...but the rev limiter is nice to have

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by Roll'n MACH Status:

-Nate
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah, except neither of them do either of those. the diablo won't add but 2-3hp, same with the JET. i don't know where you heard 30, but it was dead wrong.

also, $200+/- for 10hp would be a very nice ****ing deal!! you'd be lucky to get that kind of power for double that $$.

Nate

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Yes, 30Hp is definitely going to cost you much more than $200, or $400 even....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats not true..I can gain 30HP with a gizzmo from E-Bay for $10.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTecSexyLady:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by MichaelXi:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats not true..I can gain 30HP with a gizzmo from E-Bay for $10.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't be fooled by these "miracle" products that cost only pennies and have incredible gains. Their claims are not backed and there is reason behind this - they don't do what they claim to do. I assume you are talking about the chips "altering timing" that are found running amuck on Ebay. If they worked so well, why is it that no one here on the Jet owns them? Answer: They're crap.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I think she was kidding...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts