Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my dpfe sensor code trip my check engine light last week so I took it to my dealership and they replaced it under my ext. waranty so I put my chip back in and now a week later and about 1300 miles the check engine light came on again and it's the same code. Now I have had the chip since about 10000 miles with no problems, now I am at 40000 and put on the race header and exhaust about a month ago. So they check out the dpfe sensor again and it is fine. He suggests that it could be the chip now somehow not configured right for the race header since there is no cat no and it is not getting enough back pressure so thaat code is showing up. Anyone have this problem or know anything about it, any info would be great thanks. DJ
I have a diablo chip x14 and your new raceheader, LFQ0

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
engine back pressure, lol...ur runnin a o2 cheater w/ur race header right?

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Before you die laughing you might want to read up on the DPFE function. It monitors the EGR operation and reports a fault based on the following:

The amount of recirculated exhaust gas depends upon:

engine speed

intake manifold vacuum

exhaust back pressure

engine coolant temperature

throttle position

That is a quote from the Focus service manual.

I was getting the same code for DPFE after a race header install because of lower exhaust back pressure. Yes I have an O2 cheater and an OBD II scanner to check my code.

I finally had the light turned off with a chip.

[ 11-07-2002, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Blue01Street ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
call it what u will...but 'back pressure' is an ole hot rodders tale. should call it restrictions that keep a system from laminar flow. besides theres nothin cajun can do about it b/c he doesnt do custom burns anymore.

-Ult

[ 11-07-2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
call it what u will...but 'back pressure' is an ole hot rodders tale. -Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is what Ford calls it. Tale or not, that's the way it works.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
ford also sells cars reassuring you that they make safe cars that wont fall apart either. just b/c they use a 'term' thats been kicked around 4 yrs doesnt mean its the correct. i had 2 do plenty of fluid and gaseous dynamix in engineering, and thats where i come from. so c it in that light, but i understand where ur comin from 2 help this cat.

hope u figure it out. i just never had any cel's w/my chip and ORP.

-Ult

[ 11-07-2002, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
803 Posts
There are lots of cars that have systems that work on back pressure. Two notable ones are the 6 ports on an RX-7. When the exhaust is freed up the cease to operate because there is no backpressure from the exhaust.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i got a O2 cheater I guess I will have to find someone to custom burn that for me too then. Any ideas??? Thankz. DJ

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Yeah, Focussport.

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Yeah, sorry. For the custom burn.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh alright man i guess I can give them a call. Do you know the usual price for that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts