Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got my chip in the mail...I got it from someone on the jet, and I trust them, I jsut want to make sure it is the right code before I put it in. There are no markings on the chip or the little box that tell me the code of the chip so how can I tell if it is the right one before I put it in my car? Thanks...sorry this sounds so dumb i just don't want to fry the PCM tonight....Peace

Lox

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Diablosport Chip...Quick help

did you get it from the classified on the jet here? if so you can trust its the code that you bought. i dont think wrcfan would let it be sold to someone with the wrong code and all. goodluck

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah I got it off the jet, and I trust the girl, I just wanted to be 10000000000% sure...Thanks

Lox

·
Registered
662 Posts

The Diablosport 4-bank and new Deltachip will share some common codes, if programmed with one of the common programs. So if your car has the same EEC code as the person you bought the chip from, or your code is in the same "common code pool", then you'll be fine. If your code is different or not in the same pool, then you will need to have the chip reprogrammed.

Do you know your EEC code and the code the chip is programmed for?

For example...
The 2001 automatics with JFR5, SZR5, CJW0, CJW1, XAU0, XAU1 will all work if the 4-bank or Deltachip is programmed with the XAU068ks program.

The 2001 5 speeds with ZYF5, LFQ0, LFQ1 will all work if the 4-bank or Deltachip is programmed with the LFQ1perf program.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

did you get it from the classified on the jet here? if so you can trust its the code that you bought. i dont think wrcfan would let it be sold to someone with the wrong code and all. goodluck
I bought an SVT intake cause the person didnt say it was for an SVT. So I spent $130 for that, and I have a zx3. Not saying the person who sold the chip is lying, just saying anything is possible.

And where can I find a chip for luy2 and luy4. They are both for a 2003, and I didnt see that diablo made one.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well guys the chip went in fine, car started-gauges sweeped and it runs great. The tach just runs toward the new limiter from 4000 on and the speed governor has been lifted too...thanks for the quick help. Lox

·
Registered
24,330 Posts

I bought an SVT intake cause the person didnt say it was for an SVT. So I spent $130 for that, and I have a zx3. Not saying the person who sold the chip is lying, just saying anything is possible.

And where can I find a chip for luy2 and luy4. They are both for a 2003, and I didnt see that diablo made one.
FocusSport has the files for the LUY2.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hey guys as said before I got the chip in and it works great...my question now is: Does the chip change the action of the rev limiter/fuel cutoff? A couple times since having the chip I have reached the 7100 rpm rev limiter and now it just bounces off like a honda would instead of cutting the fuel like it used to. Is this normal???? Thanks

Lox

·
Registered
122 Posts

Hey guys as said before I got the chip in and it works great...my question now is: Does the chip change the action of the rev limiter/fuel cutoff? A couple times since having the chip I have reached the 7100 rpm rev limiter and now it just bounces off like a honda would instead of cutting the fuel like it used to. Is this normal???? Thanks

Lox
When your vehicle hits the rev limiter it will bounce back 1-200 rpms, and it still cuts fuel or retards spark or what ever it does.This is normal so don't bounce it off the rev limiter.

Happy revving!!!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

Lox
WHAT??!!!!?????
I have a Diablo, and, though my rev-limit is Changed, it still does the exact same COMPLETE BOG when it hits the Limit.
What Program do you have for what code?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Don't know what code. but the PCM code is LFQO....Peace

Lox

1 - 12 of 12 Posts