1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
It's $200 way to push up your limiter/governor
and spend extra cash on gas.
NO noticeable gains on the butt dyno.
But I'm not taking mine out, unless I
can get the $ to get with Mike the chip guy.

Ollie, any reason why your not interested in a Superchip?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I don't care which chip. I just have someone who is giving me a hel of a deal on his, plus he has the same code as me. LFQ0. PM me if u have anymore info...

Also...I guess this will void my warranty completly huh?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by Ollie18:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This will NOT void any warranty. It would have to be the direct cause of a failure to void the warranty.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Blue01Street:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Ollie18:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This will NOT void any warranty. It would have to be the direct cause of a failure to void the warranty.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">oh ok...so unless nothing goes wrong, there is nothing the dealer can do? And if so they have to prove that the chip caused the damage?

·
Registered
944 Posts
i have the same chip, i plugged it in one day with the key in the ignition and messed up the computer, i brought it to ford (with the chip out of course) and it was fixed under warranty. they gave me an updated computer so my lfq0 doesn't work anymore and it just sits in my house now.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
if something goes wrong w/ the car, just take it out before you go to geet the car fixed under warranty.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
I asked Diablosport that same Q when I installed
my offroad pipe and exhaust.
They told me that a custom program is not neccesary for bolt-ons.
Only forced induction/nitrous and
high powered N/A applications.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by Ollie18:
Ok...so let me ask you this. What if I will change my mods...don;t I have to get it reprogrammed every time I change something?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The mods that you have listed are OK with the normal chip data.

If you go any kind of FI or add N2O, bigger injectors, cam, MAF...

You will need to remove the chip or have a custom burn.

I don't know what Diablo Sport charges for a custom burn, but Superchips charges $250.00 Plus the cost of the chip. If you already have the Superchip then it's JUST the $250.00.

That's why I got rid of both of my Superchips.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Not if your gonna go crazy with the go-mods in the near future.
If so I'd wait. If not go for it.
If you use a standard Diablo chip for a year,
then spring for a turbo or SC, you can have it
custom burnt or sell it. I've seen used chips sell for $100. So you spent $100 to "rent" it
for a while.
There are alot of people making good power
without a chip.
They just cant use the power after around
105MPH.

[ 10-21-2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: KonaZXIII ]

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Ollie I currently have the SuperChip for the LFQO ECU.

1. The speedlimiter is gone
2. The CEL has come on 3 times now after reset.

3. The chip that Indy and I did for my car is a lot stronger than the Superchip but the speedlimiter has not been removed

4. The custom chip via the butt-0-meter is WAY stronger than the Superchip.

You can have you cake or you icecream but not BOTH

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
I have never had ANY problems with my Diablo.
No CEL, no key probs, nothing.
It's been in about six months.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by DJ Ibe:
If you put the chip in are you going to lose your govenor? So that I can go faster then 105mph? I was thinking about getting one to.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">DJ,
Depends on your EEC code, most of the automatic codes do not have the speed limiter raised at all. 5 speeds are usually ok, set to 140mph. The limiters are never "removed" completely, only raised. Either way, be careful out there

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok...so let me ask you this. What if I will change my mods...don;t I have to get it reprogrammed every time I change something?

As of right now I'm still not very far on my engine since I still have a good amount of warranty left. I got intake, TB, exhaust done. I'm planing on getting the FC udp set and some other gadgets. If everything goes right, I will try to sport a SC or AC by next summer.

Should I wait till than to get a chip, or will it not matter. I just get a great deal on one, and that is the only reason why I'm considering it. Ollie

·
Registered
401 Posts
DJ..
A catback and intkae will not void the warranty. If the dealer says it will just say Magnuson moss act and they will run scared.

Now back on subject.
Ollie if you are geeting on good deal(125 or less) on a diablo get it. I had one before I got my head work done and just got it reprogrammed but if I was in the statesI would just get the chip guy to burn me a program. If you are for sure going FI in the next year I would wait and get a chip guy chip. It is much better. The main reason I got one is to remove the speed limiter becasue as you know I have no speed limits. This would be useless for you in the US. Also you will not have to get a custom burn for simple bolt ons. Only for cams and such. later jon

1 - 20 of 34 Posts