Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i installed the chip should it remove my rev limiter don't really feel any diff i haven't had the chance to see if speed gov is gone it has been snowing but the rev is still there

·
Registered
727 Posts
remember to scrub the connectors, cos I thought i cleaned mine enough, didnt notice any diff in performance.... so i tested the speed governor, my focus topped out at 105. so i went back and scrubbed the hell out of the connectors, and plugged the chip back in. I immediately noticed a diff in idle and sound, a lot more ballsy too.

·
Registered
662 Posts
cklanish,
What's your EEC code? Not all the codes have the rev and speed limiter raised, mostly the automatic codes. BTW, the speed limiter is never "removed", rather raised, typically 30mph over the stock setting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yo cuz i gotta jfa7.. anyone know how thats sposed to respond to a chip?? and by the way which is the best one to get?? ive heard alot of bad things about the diablo.... but then again ive heard alot of good things too... anyone know anything about the superchip?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
myfordperformance knows just about everything there is to know about the chips. send him an email.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
My Diablo raised my Rev Limiter to 7000, and I have no clue about the Speed Limiter, other than it's more than 118. I'm VERY happy w/ the hp and change in torque curve.

[ 12-01-2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
662 Posts
B-NI$E,
JFA7 is a 2000 5 speed code, so the Diablosport 4-bank chip would raise the rev limiter approx. 300 rpm over stock and the speed limiter approx. 30 mph over stock.

The Superchip would likely be the same for JFA7. The chips are very similar in terms of performance.

My only worry would be that since your car is a 2000, there's a slight possibility, if you have had any service on the car, that Ford has reflashed your computer with a new code, and you might not be JFA7 anymore.
It happens.

Has your car been in for a service interval where it might have been hooked up to the Ford computer? Many times the Ford service guys don't even know they updated your computer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Personally I LOVE my Diablosport... Best mod I ever had..... Got it custom burned by Steeda, don't know exacly about the Rev limiter but i've reached 7000 without interruption from the computer.. And the governor was raised(FOR SURE), didn't top it out after got the chip... I don't know about everybody else but the chip totally changed my car into a whole new machine... Even gears are SO much smoother now...

·
Registered
42 Posts
when you say service interval... to what terms do you mean? had it in for a regularly schedeuled service... or just had it in to get one of fords better ideas fixed? is there any way i can hook it up to a scanner to find out? not a problem as im in pretty good with the writers and most of the techs. up there

·
Registered
662 Posts
Any service where the Ford guys would have hooked the car up to a diagnostic computer. A scanner won't help. The only way to find out for sure is to get a "hex dump" and have me look up the hex code to cross reference to the EEC code.

If your car has never been on one of Ford diagnostic computers, you should be ok.

BTW, responded to your email, and it got returned to me as undeliverable.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by myFordPerformance.com:

My only worry would be that since your car is a 2000, there's a slight possibility, if you have had any service on the car, that Ford has reflashed your computer with a new code, and you might not be JFA7 anymore.
It happens.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My car is the JFA7 and had the Ford update(think its 98ABBA6502J). Cajun had said before that the X-14 Diablo would work on any JFA? codes. I'm not knocking you, myFordPerformance.com, just stating what I've read.

·
Registered
662 Posts
That's true, the JFA8perf1 file will work on any of the JFA* codes. However, B-NI$E was also asking about the Superchip and since Superchips does not do the X-14 type of thing, he has to be careful

1 - 15 of 15 Posts