Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GARBAGE!!!

im hookin up my n2o soon, so I sent my chip off to get a custom program... now the car runs like crap... it feels like it has LOST power, it only pulls to about 95mph and it topped out around 111-112 but it doesnt feel like there is a governer on it since i didnt get that "power cut" feeling... i had it WOT the entire way... about a 2-3 mile stretch and once it got to 95mph it was like i was trying to push a boulder up hill!

This is a bunch of crap... I should have listened when I was told that these custom programs are BS... I didnt have to pay to get it recoded, so I havent lost anything (except power)...

And here is the pisser.. When I asked the guys who coded the chip what they did to it (before i put it in the car), they said "thats proprietary information"

I gotta call monday and find out WTF they did to my chip

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Did you tell them to give you a program for Nitrous while not yet installing the Nitrous?
That could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well... this is what my thoughts were... the chip IS coded w/ the LDC8NOS program (per the receipt and stickers put on the chip)

could it be that the car is now just a dog intentionally in order to perform better when sprayed? I didnt think it would have been that noticable of a difference to prep for n2o

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'm just Guessing here, but it seems feasible that there would be enough difference in ideal timing/etc settings that that may well be the issue.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
yeah the NOS program has a timing cut in it...so its really not a good thing to use when you're not sparying...cause ya lose power from the timming cut

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by David Anderson:
I feel like an ass...pull the chip...go run the car...see how it runs. Mayeb your so used to running WITH the programmed chip. I know when I pull my superchip (for my 2 dpfe sensors) it was a dog and a half.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">lol... i had the chip for about a year, then pulled it and it's been out for a few weeks or so, now it's back in... so it's definately not just me being used to it having the chip...

but on the other hand, even with a timing retard, I dont see why the car would stop pulling at about 95mph

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by TRUenemy00:
could just be from a ****y headwind the time you tried it out...
and if they retarded the timing that would explain why its a slug off spray
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">sure it would be a slug w/ retarded timing... but it still makes no sense that i cant get passed 111mph (and it took a whole lot of effort to get to that!)

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Kevin - Talk with TheChipGuy.

He is making a run down here next week - Tru and few others are geting tuned by him.

That's your best bet!

Also, they most likely pulled timing to perform better on N2O.

I would just ask for a Regular Chip but without any Timing/Fuel adjustments - That way you are basically running a stock car but with added/better shift points and shift pressure.

That is, if you want to stay with the Diablo.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drew, unfortunately, unless something has changed in the past few weeks, ChipGuy only does chips for 5-speeds

i think im gonna have to call PDQ and see if they'll recode it w/ a "stock" LDC8 code with "normal" timing.... because whatever they did to this thing is HORRID

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Well - Last I saw he posted, he was almost finished with the program - Maybe we would have it done by the time he made the trip.

Maybe give him a call and see whats goin on.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by focusownerskid:
Well - Last I saw he posted, he was almost finished with the program - Maybe we would have it done by the time he made the trip.

Maybe give him a call and see whats goin on.

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah, but after my last little $2000 modding venture I just ended, I cant afford to buy a chipguy chip even if he did make one i could use... i'll probably just yank it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts