Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to SCT's main page and put a request in to have them tune the regular 2.0l we have. I encourage others to do the same!!! We need this!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah we have to keep the pressure on them. Keep asking. Make up fake names. Aliases whatever! ;-)

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Got my reply:

Hi Richard, when the new N/A Focus is available it will be posted on our site and Facebook.

Thank you

Have a great day and thank you for choosing SCT,
Johnny Johnson
Dealer Representative/ Business Development

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my reply:

Hi Richard, when the new N/A Focus is available it will be posted on our site and Facebook.

Thank you

Have a great day and thank you for choosing SCT,
Johnny Johnson
Dealer Representative/ Business Development
Rich this is great news! It seems like they are working on it. Which is a step in the right direction. I hope more people send their requests in! Oddly enough I never received an email back lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been bothering them and I don't even own an MK3 Focus well not yet, but I know how much you guys want this so I'm helping out... :D

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been bothering them and I don't even own an MK3 Focus well not yet, but I know how much you guys want this so I'm helping out... :D
Definitely appreciate it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Man all this waiting is making me want to just trade my car in for an ST2, but i already have my se and dont want to start over on payments. Plus i'd love to see if the TiVct turns out to be just as good a platform as the ST has proven to be. COME ON SCT!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Hurry up SCT!!! I really don't care if it adds any power, just get rid of the tip in retard so that after a shift the car doesn't feel like it has a carb that is jetted too rich and let me turn off all the ____ing electronic nannies. All I want is to be able induce a little rear end rotation once in a while without the digital downer stepping in.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man all this waiting is making me want to just trade my car in for an ST2, but i already have my se and dont want to start over on payments. Plus i'd love to see if the TiVct turns out to be just as good a platform as the ST has proven to be. COME ON SCT!!!!!!
Did you go through the link above and express interest????

On a side note I wish there was another company working on this. Can Cobb break the code???

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well someone needs to. I hate being at the mercy of one company. Ya know? I appreciate what they do. But someone needs to break this.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've essentially totally scaled back my plans for my Focus because SCT has handled the NA 2012 tuning issue so poorly. So, not only is that money lost on their part from NA 2012+ owners, but money lost for the rest of the Focus tuning community. Without a tune available, there just isn't much of a point. I had a feeling it was going to turn out this way, despite many people here and elsewhere telling me otherwise. I'll just keep my Focus close to stock, and when the time comes, trade her away for something I could actually have fun with.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've essentially totally scaled back my plans for my Focus because SCT has handled the NA 2012 tuning issue so poorly. So, not only is that money lost on their part from NA 2012+ owners, but money lost for the rest of the Focus tuning community. Without a tune available, there just isn't much of a point. I had a feeling it was going to turn out this way, despite many people here and elsewhere telling me otherwise. I'll just keep my Focus close to stock, and when the time comes, trade her away for something I could actually have fun with.
Well they are fun and the engine still responds well to bolt ons. So I would keep up with that. Just keep bugging them! That's why I posted the link so that they could know there was a demand. I would say someone on ff should do the same. They can't say no if the whole community is asking for it. Are there any other tuning companies out there?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cobb isn't interested in the non turbo models; they won't be touching it.
Is there any way that aftermarket companies such as yourselves have any influence in their situation??? I under stand that the st is the way to go and I feel a bit stupid for not buying one and just putting winter tires on it when the time came but I like the sedan body style. They were awfully quick to get the st tune out why not the regular focus? It's pretty messed up personally. But that is life and I feel like we have our hands tied and everything is in their control.

Sorry for turning that into a rant. Surely you all must understand our frustration

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there any way that aftermarket companies such as yourselves have any influence in their situation??? I under stand that the st is the way to go and I feel a bit stupid for not buying one and just putting winter tires on it when the time came but I like the sedan body style. They were awfully quick to get the st tune out why not the regular focus? It's pretty messed up personally. But that is life and I feel like we have our hands tied and everything is in their control.

Sorry for turning that into a rant. Surely you all must understand our frustration
Is the PCM really that much harder to break into compared to that of the ST?? Or does SCT just not want to do it??

1 - 20 of 84 Posts