Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some the "good" brands?? And what are the one's to stay away from?

[ 04-26-2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: soundifound ]

·
Registered
798 Posts
Auto Art, Maisto, and Bburago are all good ones IMO.
I've seen the Hot Wheels ones, but haven't checked out the detail/quality up close.

On a side note, I just picked up 2 SVT Foci last night. The Sonic Blue one with the hauler, and a black one that is a DIY kit (diecast). Both Maisto.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend, and what scale are you talking about.

1:18-
If you want to spend no more than 30 dollars per diecast, you can buy products from Maisto, Sunstar, Gate, and Signature. If you can spend anywhere 60 dollars or less, you can buy products from Kyosho, Autoart, Highway 61, Ertl Precision 100 series, some GMP, and some Minichamps. If you have enough to spend 100 or less per model, you can get stuffs from GMP, Minichamps, and Lane Collectibles. If you can spend 200 dollars or less per model, you can get stuffs from Exoto and CMC.

As for what to avoid, well, the follow is just my opinion... I would avoid products from Mattel, Bburago, Yatming, regular releases Ertl, and Welly. I used to collect them. I sold and trashed a lot of them during the past year or so because it does not fit into my collection anymore.

If you would like to see what some of the products from the above mentioned companies look like, you can check out my homepage.

http://www.project118.com

My site has 2000 photos of a total of 270+ models.

Welcome to the diecast land!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by soundifound:
what are some good sites to buy off of?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Depends on what you are looking for. Each shop's focus is different than others.

I would not necessary recommend exoticar. I heard too many horror stories from their customers about their service.

As for where to buy, I have a quite a few sites link to mine. Most of them are well respected in the collecting community. I personally dealt with them before. You can give them a try.

Here are few for slackers...

http://www.diecastmuscle.com
http://www.scale18.com/diecast.html
http://www.wildcollections.com

Remember to shop around for the best price.

[ 04-28-2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: the6148 ]

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Originally posted by soundifound:
are there any retail stores that carry Maisto?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Lots of stores carry Maisto. I think even Target carries some Maisto. Go to any well-stocked hobby store, and you should find Maisto products.

Another good company is Exoto - they may some very cool stuff. So does GMP (Georgia Marketing and Promotions) and Highway 61 Collectibles.

www.scaleauto.com

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by GASPowered:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by ZincYellowZX3:
...a black one that is a DIY kit (diecast). Both Maisto.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Where did you get this?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I found it at Meijer in the model kit aisle.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Well my fav 1:18th Scale cars are my 100% Hot Wheels, Awesome detail, Very good looking cars with great detial for 30 bucks.I have the Saleen S7 and Ferrari 550 Maranello.My other 1:18 scale is a Maisto 1999 Mustang GT with working rear suspension.Great Detail really nicew quality and love the working suspension to.Thier 1:24 scale arn't that great with detail though along with Burago.Motor Max i have a Focus from them, Quailty sucks but hey it's only like 4 bucks

·
Registered
549 Posts
now that they make ZX3s. ...MODIFIERS!!!

cuz u can customize em---supposedly they're gonna start makin more/better accessories too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts