Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok which differential is best for a turbocharged zx3 with an mtx-75 the quaife or the T2, i read descriptions on both they both sound great but the T2 is priced much lower. I'm thinking of getting the t2 cause of price but dont wanna get stuck with a piece of junk. need help. what is everyone else using and what are your experiences with either?

·
Registered
122 Posts
check with OPM motorsports(optimum performance machines) in atlanta-they have a limited slip that is excelent and i have used one for years with great success. this diff in a protege` speed touring car was faster at road atlanta than the quiff diff...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Go with eather the torsen or the quaife. They can take a lot more power than the focus can dish out. I would avoid a clutch type limited slip. They will wear out unless you drive like a sissy, and it costs too much in labor to replace it. Put in a quaife or torsen and forgetabboutit.

·
Registered
122 Posts
what clutch unit wears out? who`s??...a friend recently took out a opm unit that had 120,000 miles on it(for trans work) and wanted the unit checked for wear since it was apart...the unit checked out fine and was returned to the satisfied customer...these units have always tested faster than the torsen and quaif...dont get me wrong...the quaif and torsen are great units.....it is a fact, however, in all the testing that has been done, the opm units out perform-in lap times-the other units. however, your milage may vary.

·
Registered
122 Posts
the tests for these units have been conducted at road atlanta over the years...the last one i am aware of was on a speed touring mazda protege...they had 3 pro drivers and 3 transmissions-all tansmissions were identical except for the diffs...no one knew which trans had which diff except for the the lead tech...all the drivers were faster on the opm diff...these diffs are used in speed touring cars frequently with great success...i get no kickbacks or have any involvment in the company,s that market these diffs, so this is as subjective an opinion as i am aware of...free advice for those who want the best results, best of luck-steve.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i hate to disappoint anyone and hope it doesnt back fire on me but, i got a really awesome deal on the T2. $495 plus shipping so i ordered it the other day. that a big comparison to $675 for the quaife so i couldnt resist if i didnt have to get my spec stage 4 clutch kit and a clutchnet flywheel i prob would of went with the quaife but i couldnt afford it.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
You'll like it. I've autocrossed with a Torsen in a strong 2.3L Focus a few times, and it is simply awesome.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok well the torsen fell through its out of stock till sept 30th , cant wait that long need one now so where can i get the quaife for the best price?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts