Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok which differential is best for a turbocharged zx3 with an mtx-75 the quaife or the T2, i read descriptions on both they both sound great but the T2 is priced much lower. I'm thinking of getting the t2 cause of price but dont wanna get stuck with a piece of junk. need help. what is everyone else using and what are your experiences with either?

·
Registered
990 Posts
The only difference is that the quaife has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
How is the T2 cheaper? The Quaife is $595.

Never heard of any problems with either, but the Quaife has a completely bulletproof warranty.

The T2, sold by Ford Racing, the warranty is void if you race it. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Rob - who's got the Quaife for $595? I thought the Quaife's price has been about $700 for the last year, but I haven't kept up with the dollar/pound exchange rate, so maybe it's cheaper now.

I think Terry Haines (KogboxKing) will sell the Quaife for around $600 if you have him do the installation. If I were starting from scratch, that's exactly the route I would take, btw.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Did they increase the price? I haven't followed since I got mine at $595... that was the price two years ago.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Mine was $695 a year ago. But it could be worse - I think Rod said his was $800 or $900.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Hmm, $525 makes it a tough decision IMO. But I'd probably still go with the Quaife.

How much torque are you planning to make? Unless you're planning to make some crazy torque, I doubt you'll break the Torsen.

The most important part, IMO, is to have it installed properly. That means following the Ford procedure i.e., shimming it, measuring the bearing preload, and re-shimming it if necessary.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i dont really plan on doing anything over 250 torq but that is down the road, i will be doing less than that for now, but down the road i might decide higher but ill worry about that when that time comes. ill be doing install myself so if anyones got any pointers that would be great does the haynes manual or the ford manual cover this i have both.im doing a atx to mtx-75 swap. so ill prob be using thses manuals alot.

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
if you were lucky enough to grab one just around or after the RS was release in Europe, you probably picked it up for $595, before that they were $995 and now they retail at $695.

the difference in price is well worth it when you get the quaife warrenty! plus the Qauife is also built to tighter specs and uses higher quality materials in it than the T2. the T2 is basicly a copy of the quaife and for a while were being sold as grey market quaife's before Ford picked them up... or so the story goes....

we sell the MTX quaife for $640usd.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Quaife = Lifetime/Race Worthy Warranty
T2 = None of the above

Quaife.

- Drew

·
Registered
792 Posts
What do you want to do with the car? The way torque is distributed with the T2 is more benificial for Drag racing [I believe around 45% max transfer]. The Quaife has lower torque transfer, making it more effective for road racing [or just street driving IMO]. Basicly, the Quaife allows more difference in speed between the two tires. I cannot remember where I found this info, it was a long time ago.

If you can deal with the cost I'd go with the Quaife.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts