Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah...they look cool...and sure they dissipate 'heat gas'...but is it worth spending an extra 100bucks on 4 rotors to get 'em dimpled and slotted? all i know is that these PoS stockers need to come off cuz my ears can't take the squealing anymore! for about 350 after tax and shipping i can get 4 new slotted and dimpled rotors from BAT with pads...or for 100 less i can grab all the same gear minus dimples and slots...whats it gonna be?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have EBC dimple/slotted rotors on my front brakes and a set of rears on the way... I can't say they made any difference with stopping power, but when the rotors are wet (like after cleaning the car) there isn't as much of a problem with stopping than with standard flat rotors. Plus, they're holding up MUCH better than the stock ones.

The small additional cost didn't bother me either, and they sorta look cool too =)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I ran the EBC "turbo groove" rotors on the front of my '00 ZX3. After those warped & I couldn't find anyone to turn them, I went with a standard rotor. No real difference in braking performance between the two...however the grooved rotors make a fast clicking noise (similar to a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle) when you stop. Kind of annoying.

The bad thing about grooved/dimpled rotors is 99.9% of shops out there will not turn them out of fear the uneven surface will destroy their bit. So basically if/when they need to be turned, you'll need to buy new rotors if you cannot find a shop who will turn them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts