Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member with a question about Focus engines. Own a Taurus and thinking about buying a 2014 Focus.

Is the Focus direct injection engine reliable or do owners have problems with fuel pumps, injectors and/or valves?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have yet to hear of any problems with pumps injectors or really anything related to the engine.
Thanks for your response.

I'm thinking of helping my 38 year old daughter, who is divorced with 3 children & struggling, buy a 2014 focus. She drives 36 miles/day one way to work and puts about 25-30 thousand miles/year on her cars. After reading several articles about the possible engine problems associated with direct injection engines I began to have serious doubts about buying any car with that fuel injection design. I would be worried in about 2 years after the warranty expires about possible engine problems.

So, right now I'm just trying to get as much info about this as I can.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have heard there is no issues unlike some direct injection engines that have the intake manifold build up with carbon and other issues

·
Registered
194 Posts
The only direct injection problem I have heard of is with Volkswagen and Audi injectors being prone to carbon deposits which require cleaning. I use high detergent gasoline in my Focus just in case. Here is a web site with good info about which companies market high detergent gasoline.

www.toptiergas.com

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts