Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah...so it's time to put my other endevours aside and start worrying about what I love. What would be a good solid suspension for rally type purposes. I'd like a little lower, but I want to keep it high enough to clear rocks and whatnot. I obviously need something that's strong, preferrably adjustable i'd say. I want to rip up the rally crosses this winter
, as well as practice for my SCCA pro rally debut in a few years. I just haven't gotten around to beating the focus like my other cars, and I'm getting antsy. Let me know if any rally guys out there have a suggestion.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Our Apex SS Kit has held up amazingly during my couple extended rally fun periods.

Have caught air, nailed some hard bumps and nailed some water dips very hard and the kit has never showed one bit of fuss.

It has never bottomed out(far from it) and the spring rates love the dirt/mud/gravel.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
If your Budget will Accomodate it, Hot-Bits CoilOvers are THE Real-Deal for Rally and Rally-X.
Lots of Adjustment, and enough Indestructability to justify the Price.
Rally Tested and Proven, I'd go w/ Nothing else if I were going Off-Road.
Canadian Rally Champions will Swear by them.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
So, How do you know that they have a Focus Set-up???
The Website doesn't say very much...
http://www.dmsamericas.com/parts/model40.html

http://www.dmsamericas.com/parts/model50.html

The make two models for the focus, but they ain't cheap. This is an email I got from their distributor in Canada when I was looking into the 40mm street set-up. I went with the Bilstein PSS9 kit instead.

The 40mm are a direct bolt in, no modification necessary, and they do come with the springs. 30 clicks of dampening adjustment as well as about 40mm of USABLE ride height adjustment. It can be lowered more, but not recommended for driving as you may damage the shockabsorbers and void any remaining warranty.

The price for the 40mm for the ford focus is 3175$ CAD plus shipping to your doorstep.

Let me know if you require more info,

Regards,

Mark

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Thanks for the Info.
The Hot Bits are Cheaper than That at least, and I KNOW they're Rally-Tested.
I've Seen it.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your Budget will Accomodate it, Hot-Bits CoilOvers are THE Real-Deal for Rally and Rally-X.
Lots of Adjustment, and enough Indestructability to justify the Price.
Rally Tested and Proven, I'd go w/ Nothing else if I were going Off-Road.
Canadian Rally Champions will Swear by them.
Wow thanks, those look like exactly what I'm looking for! Do you know if that group buy ever happend?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our Apex SS Kit has held up amazingly during my couple extended rally fun periods.

Have caught air, nailed some hard bumps and nailed some water dips very hard and the kit has never showed one bit of fuss.

It has never bottomed out(far from it) and the spring rates love the dirt/mud/gravel.

That's actually kind of nice to know. I was wondering if the FK had as much travel as the apex? This might be the deciding factor between the two for a lot of people!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
why not go with stock springs and sways and some upgraded shocks/struts???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Andy.. I dont post much on here anymore... ( way to busy rallying )
But, if you are looking for some suspension contact me directly and I will give you a deal on the HOTBITS set up for Rally and or Rally Cross.
The big difference between ours and DMS ( other than DMS is way more $$ ) is ours is rebuildable and able to revalve at no charge!! yes I said no charge.
the web addy for info is,
http://www.motorsport-dist.com/
click on Hot Bits on the left ... or just email us directly at [email protected]
or call toll free at 1-866-458-1318
Ray
Also, you will find pics of our car using the HotBits suspension on that site as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts