Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend bought an 05 Nissan 350Z the beginning of last week... and then on Saturday he was out on his GSX-R750, the rear got out from under him on an entrance ramp, and he smacked into a guardrail.

I wonder if the Gixxer was jealous that he found a new love, and attempted suicide

It was just strange cuz he's been riding for 5 years and he is really good (I've seen him hang the ass out before on corners, he's quite skilled) but he was just innocently merging onto a highway, no hot-dogging, and his bike up and spills.

I really think the bike was jealous

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Of course cars have feelings. Everyone I knew growing up had beater cars. If you talked shiz to them, they would never start. You had to bust out the "petting the dashboard and speaking sweet nothings" just to get to work in the morning.

Also, what was that thing I saw forever ago, some conspiracy thing. Saying that every car has some strange black box in the engine that doesn't belong and doesn't have a specific purpose, but if that box is removed, the car won't run. It was supposed to be the brain or emotion center of the car or something.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
No, he was just an idiot. Number 1 rule of riding is that you don't push it on on/off ramps. The oil accumulation is much higher and the road surface has less traction. If he had been riding for 5 years he should have known that.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did I say he was pushing it?

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
God knows the "I only hit her cuz i love her" philosophy worked WONDERS on my Windstar.

·
Registered
530 Posts
call me crazy.... but I think so. I work with engines every day (8 specific ones to be accurate) and I SWEAR if you're mad at them, they won't start or run right.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
seems like it...i had my focus out today and got to the first redlight and my throttle has been a pain in the arsh lately w/ hanging open....still cant figure it out but i figured maybe it'll have a good day...got the to that redlight and it's hangin open...i said [censored] this squeeled the tires off turned down the first road...by now i'm sick of this [censored]..and headed for home...i got about 1 block from my house and it started actin fine...driving like normal...and i swear it will usually wait until i'm about 6 miles from my house to start acting like that...she wont be driven anymore until it's fixed

·
Registered
387 Posts
Of course cars have feelings. Everyone I knew growing up had beater cars. If you talked shiz to them, they would never start. You had to bust out the "petting the dashboard and speaking sweet nothings" just to get to work in the morning.

Also, what was that thing I saw forever ago, some conspiracy thing. Saying that every car has some strange black box in the engine that doesn't belong and doesn't have a specific purpose, but if that box is removed, the car won't run. It was supposed to be the brain or emotion center of the car or something.
So THAT'S what people mean when they say that a car lacks passion/soul

I know that cars have feelings. I traded in my 01' ZX3 for my 03 SVT. He (ZX3) always served me good but I think he knew that I just settled for him and had my heart set on an SVT from the beginning. The ZX3 knew right from the start that he would only be basic transportation (I wasn't into driving then) so he had no problem going to a new home. My SVT has weird quirks with most people who drive it but not me. It must love me and no one else just like my kitty kat

The weirdest is the S2000. I think it has abandonment issues. We got it with less than 20K miles and we are it's 3rd owner. My girlfriend and her brother drove it up to a local Mitsubishi dealer so they could check out an Evo (which they eventually got from a different place, that dealer sucked big time). So they get out and the alarm keeps doing it's warning beep every few minutes. It's like it was so nervous and sad that it was going to be traded in again. I've only tracked it once but I think that he had such a great time with me that he's very happy with us and would be very sad to go. Such a great car treated like a neglected child

·
Registered
154 Posts
call me crazy.... but I think so. I work with engines every day (8 specific ones to be accurate) and I SWEAR if you're mad at them, they won't start or run right.
Thats just becasue you put it together wrong

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Not sure.

I do know that I have an amazing "knack" for getting over peoples cars to "behave" for me when they claim something won't work. People ofton claim their "car likes me better."

-Oh, I also thank my car after a long safe trip.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
-Oh, I also thank my car after a long safe trip.
So do I. Everytime something crazy happens on the road that I have to avoid and the car handles the erratic driving and I'm still alive afterward, I thank my car second.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts