Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K now i know u guys say the foci has a rev limiter at what 6300-6500 rpms?

But ive took it up to 7000 to see what it did, but it didnt do anything,didnt even fell a rev limiter?

Will i not feel it when im acceling that fast at wot.?

K, now , i have TB and a CAI. my intake screams at 4-6000, but when it hits 63-6500 it makes this really really loud screaming noise
. i wasnt sure if its cuz how fast the engine is spnning and all the air coming in or just im way to high in rpms
. But i love the sound it makes at 6500?

I KNOW ANOTHER KID WITH AN AEM INTAKE, AND HIS MAKES THE SAME LOUD AS SCREAM MINE DOES WHEN HES AT 8000(NOT A FOCI) ,SO IS MINE JUST FROM THE MASSIVE AIR COMING IN OR SHOULD I NOT DO IT(I BARELY DO ANYWAYS) IS IT THAT BAD TOO DO IT.

bUT FROM DOING IT , (I CAN FEEL THE POWER LOSS FROM 6000+) IT GIVES ME AWESOME POWER WHEN I HIT 2ND. SHOULD I DO IT TO OR NOT AT THE TRACK, AND WILL IT MAKE MY 1/4 DROP????? THANKS UD SOMEONE COULD ANSWER ALL MY Q.? OR TRY

IT WOULD BE VERY GREATLY APPRECIATED

·
Registered
138 Posts
don' feel special my stock ecu rev limit hits at 7000rpm, i guess are cars are just special

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
nooo...the tach reading is not correct or may be a bit off...thats why the rev limit varies soo much from foci to foci..some hit it at 6500 some at 68000 etc...

·
Registered
138 Posts
bull try it on a auto meter tach before i sold it. want to get a ford racing tach

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by donszx3:
bull try it on a auto meter tach before i sold it. want to get a ford racing tach<hr></blockquote>

are you asking me to race you?

·
Registered
138 Posts
any time sweety

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
6750. Very smooth rev limiter. Verified with digital tach. 7100 w/ Diablo chip... But only a dingus would run a stock Zetec that high.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts