Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo - I have the borla, which is a 2.5" catback exhaust. I will be getting a flex pipe and a new cat eventually. My question is, do the flex pipe and catback have to be the same size in inches? Will I have to buy a 2.5" flexpipe? and then a 2.5" CAT too? or can you put a 2.25" flex pipe on with a 2.5" catback? and same question for the CAT. also... does anyone know the diameter of the random tech CAT? I know the FC is 2.25". Any info would be great. Flame away!!

Jason

[ 02-20-2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: dwdrums ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
the cats will b make 2 the manuf's spex...they like the headers will somtimes b different or change as u move farther down. u dont have 2 buy a 2.5 flex, a 2.25 could work, in almost a 'stepping' fashion...but u'd b advised 2 make it the same, and go get a 2.5 flex from yodude.

-Ult

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
To Summarize and Translate for those who have issues w/ "Ult-Ese"...
"a 2.25 could work, in almost a 'stepping' fashion...but you'd be advised to make it the same, and go get a 2.5 flex from yodude."
In OtherWords, it'd be best if they were the same size.
Whether or not the difference is significant is dependent on what's ahead of it in the way of header and cat. The LAST thing you want is a "Bottleneck" for a Flex-Pipe.
If your Exhaust-Manifold/Header and Cat are 2.25, you could keep w/ a 2.25 Flex-Pipe.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is yo dude a good flex pipe? If heard of em... how many of you guys have it? and what about the random CAT?? I need advising.

Jason

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
No news here.
I stuck w/ 2.25, because anything larger is only beneficial for Forced Induction, which I don't have.
I'm sure Somebody here has the YoDude Flex...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts