Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of buying a new F-150. I really use my truck and like the room of a regular styleside.

I do like the looks of the new Flairside, but it worries me that I will be giving up some room.

I will probably just stick to the regular bed. The old flairside P/U were ugly, but new ones look pretty tuff.

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
i think the fleetside is ford's best truck design in a long long time. the flareside is ok but the fleetside is perfect. I haven't seen a truck design that flowed that well since the 88+ gm trucks.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I was sure I would get flamed for liking it. It is a real nice looking truck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I like it a lot better than the last gen flareside. I had a 2000 styleside for a few years, I really didn't care for the rounded flareside.

I just wish they were releasing the Lightning. It looked hott!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It all depends on how you use your bed in wether or not the Flairside is actually more usefull. If you constantly reach over the side of the bed to grab and place stuff, then the step on the side come in really handy for accessing the front of the bed.

Anything that is really wide in a non-flairside truck would need to sit on top of the wheel wells, which as anyone knows is not the most stable place to put stuff. With the flairside, you have to sit it on top of the bed walls that provide much more even support all around. If you get side rails and have removable cross bars, this support is even better.

So in the end you still get the same space between the wheel wells, so you really aren't loosing that much "usuable space".

I personally think the new F150 looks a lot better with the flairside and the FX4 package adds a much needed aggressive appearance.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
I like it a lot better than the last gen flareside. I had a 2000 styleside for a few years, I really didn't care for the rounded flareside.

give it time, give it time

ford will be back to regain the World's Fastest Truck soon, it'll definitly be one of those surprises...Ford is good at one thing and only one thing, keeping the American secrets, secrets. (not Ford Europe
)

but i like the new flairside...and love the new F-150, if they had better gas milage i would go for it

-chris

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

give it time, give it time

ford will be back to regain the World's Fastest Truck soon, it'll definitly be one of those surprises...Ford is good at one thing and only one thing, keeping the American secrets, secrets. (not Ford Europe
)

but i like the new flairside...and love the new F-150, if they had better gas milage i would go for it

-chris
Well I have a 04 Dodge with the Hemi and it seems like Im getting about 0 miles per gallon. I honestly dont even want the 5.4. I think Im going with the 4.6. I do tow my boat, so I hope it will get out of its own way. LOL. Maybe I can put a blower on it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts