Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Whoever owned that car must have been beating the living crap out of it...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Stuff like that happens from time to time. Been in the automotive industry all my life. Saw a new Ford truck, that they never put any oil in the front differental. It lasted about 100 miles before it ground itself into junk.

Saw a Toyota with the rear turn signals wired backwards. Left was right, right was left. Fortunately he found it before he caused an accident, and it explained why everyone was flipping him off.

Chevy with a crank that spun a bearing. Tore it down, and there was a drill bit broke off in the crank where the machine was cross drilling the crank.

Sometimes brand new parts just fail because of error, or mistakes.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Yeah, I can think of, like, a lot of Foci with big problems brand new. SVT Foci especially come to mind

·
Banned
926 Posts
You want to see water pump failures? Come over to Toyota sometimes. I swear 1 in every 3 4 Runer either haves or had a waterpump go out. Same with Tacomas, tho not as much.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah OMG like fords are SOOO PERFECT they NEVER have any problems do they!!! especially with fuel pumps!
Personally I think the guy missed a shift and tried to pass it off as faulty...whatever.

-Andrew

·
Banned
2,246 Posts
yeah OMG like fords are SOOO PERFECT they NEVER have any problems do they!!! especially with fuel pumps!
Personally I think the guy missed a shift and tried to pass it off as faulty...whatever.

-Andrew
So if you think it was the driver's fault, why are you trying to talk [censored] on Dodge quality? I don't get it...

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I just installed an SRT-4 water pump on my wife's 2.4l stratus.

theres always a bad one in the bunch. Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Seriously now, there is always gonna' be a piece of crap in every bunch. You point out the one failure, but now try pointing out every car that HASN'T had an issue.

I'll bet the curve is still positive.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Uh, what's the bitching about, they repaired it, didn't they?

I'd be willing to beat that an SVT Ford Dealership would be bitching about repairing that.

As long as a company stands behind it, then you've got to give them the slack that not every car is gonna come out perfect.

Hell, Mitsubishi gladly replaced my powersteering pump in my EVO after I had a night of doing donuts in a snow covered parking lot with an STi. The service manager said it was just too cold of a night to be abusing the car that way. He was right it was below 0. I was willing to pay for it out of my own pocket and he said, anyone that actually puts as many miles as you do on EVO has earned a free power steering pump...Sometimes it pays to drive two hours to a particular dealership

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
That's a good point Emu (May I call you Emu?
). He may have had to fight tooth and nail for it, but I doubt it.

I don't think missing a shift would really cause all that. Besides, how ever it happened, the dealership would've seen that is was less than 3k miles and would about HAVE to recognize something was faulty.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I think a lot of people want to just put gas in their cars and do ZERO maintence to them. Unfortunately those people get any car issues they think the car is falling apart! Oh well good luck
-bix

·
Registered
257 Posts
If he missed a shift I doubt it would cause the waterpump to fail, If the pump failed and he kept driving it when the light came on It would have blown gaskets and overheated, but it doesnt sound like that is what happened.

Ill tell you a story though:

I worked at a Ford Dealer last year:

Guy Bought a 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Convertible, he liked it alright, till he decided he didnt want to pay for it anymore:

It was in the Shop 4 Times:

Rear end Pinion Broke up shafts input side were torn all to hell(Replaced entire rear end)(cost around 1200 dollars, under warranty of course)

2nd Visit:

Transmission Went bad(clutch was burned up)
Transmissoin + Clutch(about 2,000 bucks or more)

3rd Visit:

Engine Missing on 2 cylinders bad smell of burned Oil.
(Replaced Motor cost 14,000 Dollars also warrantied)

4th Visit:
Engine was again sputtering, though This time ford told him if he Fubared this motor he was gonna eat it)

SO all in all this guy screwed Ford out of almost 20,000 Dollars worth of Warranty Repair because he thought Ford would buy the car back and call it a lemon, but he was in fact drag racing it, or running it in a low gear attempting to blow it up.

We know this because the only check engine light that would come on would be "battery disconnected".

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Man SRT-4s must suck...

My Focus needed a new rack&pinion assembly at 28 kilometers.

My Focus needed a new Fuel pump at just under 8000 kilometers.

My uncle's A6 needed a new sunroof motor after a few days off the truck.

Cars aren't foolproof out of the factory. I have not seen an SRT-4 in the Dodge dealer repair lot or service bay here yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts