Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at dodge for god knows what reason and I started pciking on the SRT-10 and how it cant tow a damn thing. We ended up talking about interiors and he said that the whole Dodge Ram was desighned by MB. I know the crossfire is a twin of the SLK as well as the pacifica being designed largely by MB and having MB come out with a pacifica twin as well as the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the ML class MB's. I dont see any mercedes styling cues in a ram at all, because there no sharp yet sleek body lines there all soft and the interior is ho hum to say the least. Any truth to this thing the salesmen told me?

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
LOL

that's hilarious, thanks i needed a laugh before i started my day

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Okay, I just did a quick flying scan through the parts system for the Ram, and I can't find one Mercedes part.... Darn!!

I would of told him that the only mercedes part in the SRT-10 is teh viper motor.... since europeans love the viper motor.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Yeah, I have been looking at cars with my folks and no offense to any car salesmen here, but they are [censored] retarded.

My mom asked if a Mazda 3 had Auto Climate control.

The sales guy says: "Well, you just turn this knob to what ever temp you want it at and it will stay there"

I was in the back seat and said "In other words, no, it does not have auto climate control"

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I was once told by a Subaru salesperson that the WRX (not the STI) is just as fast as a Porsche

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I was once told by a Subaru salesperson that the WRX (not the STI) is just as fast as a Porsche
its at least as fast as my old 944.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
its at least as fast as my old 944.
It is actually quicker than a Ferrari (308), and many older Porsches as well!

..so his statement was true! Hell, I believe an early Boxter might even fall prey to a WRX.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Yeah, I remember the car mags saying the WRX was faster than a boxster in it's first iteration. I can't prove it, but I wouldn't doubt it.

But hell, my Nissan NX2000 could outrun and outhandle a Porsche 944. And that's from a 944 owner who drove mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts