Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know jack about V-series engines (espically on domestic cars) so this question may seem dumb to some people but..

Does a Dodge Viper (SRT-10 version) have a supercharger? Or is it just raw V-engine power?
I know that the Cobra R does but does the Viper?
Just wondering...thanks!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No supercharger on the SRT-10.

Just pure power.

500hp
525tq
That's what I thought..thanks!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Not sure, but I smoked one at the track last night in my Maverick....

·
Registered
729 Posts
no supercharger,,,,,i rode in one last summer in a free viper thrill ride at the gravity games in cleveland,,,,brute ballstothe wall driving,,,,,fast,,,very fast

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
oh blox...are you the dude with the maverick with teh fugly paint job and big ole add on hood scoop? Cuz if you are, I demand more pics in rigz...right friggin now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
the cobra R is all motor, you might be thinking of the 03 cobras. the viper is just 8 liters of torque.
The old Viper's had 8 liters, but also made only 450bhp.
The new Viper on the other hand has 8.3 liters and 500bhp.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
oh blox...are you the dude with the maverick with teh fugly paint job and big ole add on hood scoop? Cuz if you are, I demand more pics in rigz...right friggin now.
Yeah dude, thats me, and that paint is Fugly, but I am going to redo it this winter myself, that way I'll have some practice before I paint my focus...I'll put a couple pics here, the motor is going to be overhauled too, going to go with something that will get me under 11.99 so I can run with the superpro cars at my local track...check the new thread in pit stop I'll post with pics so i don't hijack this thread...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the cobra R is all motor, you might be thinking of the 03 cobras. the viper is just 8 liters of torque.
Yes, I was talking about the 03 cobras...sorry wasn't specific..

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
"V-series" isn't exactly a valid term. The "V" arrangement of cylinders is simply for packaging purposes.. a V8 occupies less space than an inline eight would. Sure, there are some potential self-balancing side effects, but that isn't the main goal.

Just remember.. It isn't the layout that matters, it is the displacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts