Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Designed to pre-load the front suspension which eliminates wheel hop and firmly plants the front tires to the pavement, maximizing traction potential during launch and reducing your 60ft time.
Thats basically what they do
I don't think anyone has them besides the Fastrax car. Do a search and you"ll find a few threads but not much info on them.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I got the last set that CFM had in stock. I have got the main and the center bar on, will be putting the lateral bars on tomorrow night. Then on to Orlando FFW for some Focus Frenzy action. I will let you all know how they work.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
how would these handle on an every day driver? how low could your car be and not ground out on them?

Jon

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
These are a "DRAG STRIP ONLY" Item.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here is a picture of them on FastraxTurbo Focus...

What does it mean by "pre-load the front suspension"

·
Registered
968 Posts
how would these handle on an every day driver? how low could your car be and not ground out on them?

Jon
We have the Intrax 1 3/4" with the Koni adjustables with 17" Sean Hyland wheels, 205/40/17s on the car. It sits pretty low. After I got the side bars on last night, took it for a "spirited" drive with the recommended 3 turns out for the "street" setting. WOW, it handles sooo much better. Steering is much more precise, and although it handled well with our setup before the install, it really handles like its on a rail now.

These are a "DRAG STRIP ONLY" Item.
Sorry Micheal, but I believe this setup can be used for both corners and straight lines.

what does it mean by "preload the suspension"
When you install the setup, you need to leave it at the neutral or "no load" setting. Once you have it on the ground and have weight on the suspension, then you can turn the bars 2-3 turns out for "street" use, up to 6+ turns for "track" use. Basically, from what I read from the directions, is the setup changes the tow out on your tires, via "loading" the a-arm.

Like I said before, just a short drive has me sold on these, now to some track time to see if these really control that nassy wheel hop off the line.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hypnotic, please tell us more about these, wheelhop sux and I want daily driveability also! Best of both worlds with a turn of a preload nut? Sounds good!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well, this weekend proved it for me. We ran the car on the "street", 3 turns out, setting all the way down to Florida from GA, approx 6.5 hours of interstate driving, no issues whatsoever. Once we got to the track, set the adjustments to 5 turns out, and WOW. Car hooked better than it ever has on the drag radials, to the tune of 2.04 60ft times and NO wheel hop whatsoever when I grabbed the "happy" button. This is a great product, I just wonder why none of the other hardcore racers have tried these yet?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
The only thing I know for sure is that they will completely alter the geometry of movement for the control arm by yanking them forward against their bushings at compression or extension.

How you feel about the value of such bushing pressure is up to you.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The only thing I know for sure is that they will completely alter the geometry of movement for the control arm by yanking them forward against their bushings at compression or extension.

How you feel about the value of such bushing pressure is up to you.
Of course in Straight-line racing, that's not too great a concern if your springs and dampers are right.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
place of employment carries lakewood products...might have to order one up to check it out
......if not still on backorder

·
Banned
926 Posts
Man that stuff looks like major bindage. And bindage equal snappy snappy....I dont know about this for the corners.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts